Go down
Admin
View user profile

Sippy Cup

on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 am
Pain spiked through the tiny child's body as he limped forward. He had no idea where he was. He was just trying to get to Elder Kettle's. He remembered that his grandpa didn't live too far away from where he lived with his parents. But the four-year-old couldn't remember how to get there exactly. It didn't help matters that the boy had no idea that he wasn't in his timeline anymore. He had gone to one that was like this, yet this one had many versions of himself and the mug he'd meet in the near future.

The little cup whimpered as he spotted an approaching figure. The boy limped back, hissing lightly when he put weight on his injured leg. Crouching down in front of him was.... himself? Just bigger? The bigger him held out his hand as he spoke gently to him, trying to coax him into going with him. He could get him help. He could protect him. Nothing would hurt him. He saw a look in the larger Cuphead's eyes that he didn't understand. After not moving an inch for a few heartbeats, he hesitantly allowed himself to be taken back home.

Cuphead gently scooped the tiny version of himself up. He could feel him tense up in a mix of fear and pain, and he only held him closer. He carried him back to the house, pushing the door and stepping inside. He shut the door and went straight to the bedroom without a word to anyone. He set the little him on the bed before he disappeared into the bathroom, appearing moments later with the first aid kit. He once again crouched down in front of the younger child as he began to tend to the wounds he sported.

Azure looked up when he heard the door open. His eyes widened as he quickly scrambled to his feet once he saw Cuphead walk into the house with a tinier Cuphead in his arms that appeared to have gone through hell. He was about to head over to him but the cup went straight to the bedroom without a glance his way. The mug frowned as he silently followed peaking into the room to see what was going on. He glanced back to the living room to find Reed and Mugs. Where were they when he needed them?

View user profile

Re: Sippy Cup

on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 am
Reed was casually chilling on the couch, playing video games on his 3DS, beating up random CPUs in Super Smash, trying to be good enough to beat his double. Though, when the person in question walked through the door with a smaller him, he knew something was very wrong. That child looked like hell had come for his soul. The sight sent his heart into his throat as he jumped up to the bedroom. While Cuphead was fetching the first aid kit, he walked in, smiling at the child. "Hey. I'm Reed. We came up with nicknames since there's two of us. I know you're scared, but hey. I brought you something, alright kiddo?" With that, he sat down by the bed, offering a stick of chocolate to the small child, hoping that it would get him to trust him somewhat. What Cuphead could resist chocolate after all?

Mugman frowned instantly. He noticed the child Cup carried in looked like- Well. Like the story Cup told him about himself at the age of four. Clearly something was wrong, but he knew that despite how much he wanted to help, he and Azure needed to stay away from this until all the Cupheads calmed down. Walking to his double by the door, he took his arm, tugging it lightly. Trying to get him away from the door.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 am
Instantly the little Cup scrambled back in terror when Reed came into the room. His eyes widened as he shook in fear. He kept as far away from this Cuphead as he could. This place looked like his grandpa's, but he didn't remember there being two beings that looked just like him only older. The little one flinched back when the older one extended his hand out to him with chocolate. After a moment to realize that he wasn't going to hurt him, the four-year-old stared at the food questioningly. He tilted his head to one side as he looked at the candy. He timidly looked back up at Reed, giving him a look that asked him, What's that? Clearly this child had never seen chocolate before.

Azure blinked when he felt a tug on his arm. He looked back to see Mugs trying to pull him away from the door. He didn't want to go, that much was clear, but he agreed in the end and followed his double away from the bedroom. Cuphead and Reed could handle this, even if it was killing him inside to not do something to help. The poor kid...

View user profile

on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 am
"It's called chocolate kiddo. It's candy, it tastes great. Here look." Cuphead didn't move closer, knowing the small child needed his space. He would wait for him to come closer on his own. He broke off a corner of the chocolate, setting the bar itself on the floor between them, within grabbing distance of the sippy cup. He then proceeded to eat himself, licking his lips. "See? Perfectly safe, and tasty to boot. You wanna try it yourself? Don't worry by the way. You're safe here. It's hard to explain right now but-" He paused and smiled here. "You'll never have to go back there if you don't want to."

"I know you want to be there and help Azure. But I don't think that child can handle four of us doubles. Not to mention, Cuphead didn't meet me until- Fuck. I can't remember the age, but he wasn't four is the point. He doesn't know who we even are yet." He explained, leading him to the couch, to pull him into cuddles, to calm him down.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 am
Mini-Cup watched on silently. He blinked curiously up at him as he took a bite of the chocolate after breaking some off for him, setting it down between them. He looked between the food and Reed with fear. Was this a trap? Was this just some trick to hurt him further? After a while of just staring at the candy, he timidly reached out, expecting to suddenly find pain, but when none came, he grabbed it and pulled it over to himself. He looked at it owlishly for a few minutes longer before he placed it into his mouth.

He found out that he quite enjoyed the chocolate that was offered to him. He pretty much ate what was given to him in a single bite after that. It seemed clear that this kid hadn't eaten in awhile neither. Confusion washed over the kid's face at Reed's words. He wanted to ask him what he meant, but he kept his mouth shut. No speaking unless he was told he could.

By now, Cuphead had returned and began to work on taking care of his little self. He had gotten better at treating injures over the years--a lot better then when he was this kid's age. He bit his lip as he worked, the little one's wounds mirroring his own scars he still had from all his parents had done. He cast a sideways glance towards his double. He was probably going to have questions about that later.

He didn't even need to be told where the injures were. He knew already. He made sure the mini version of himself was as patched up as he could. He knew he was going to have to take him to a doctor to get the more serious ones looked at. He hated the idea, but it pained him to see such a little kid suffer the same way he was.

Azure allowed himself to be pulled onto the couch. He latched onto his double with a whimper. This was also fucking him up. He knew what the little cup in there was going through somewhat. He had an abusive parent too. He knew what he was going through, even if it was different. It was close enough. "Fuck other-me.... I feel so bad for him... That kid looks like he's been to hell and back... Who the fuck would hurt a little kid that badly?"

View user profile

on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 am
Reed smiled happily once the child began eating. He was about to tell him he didn't need to worry about speaking, that he was allowed. But his double returned before then. As manyy questions as he had for Cuphead, he could tell now as not the time for it. But the more he saw, the weirder it got. He didn't even ask the smaller cup where he was hurt, he simply knew. Even the small wounds that would be hard to find. It truly shocked him. Finally, he snapped out of it, moving closer to the smaller, sitting beside him, trying to talk to him, trying to keep him distracted. Using what he knew about his boyfriend to get along with his younger self.

"Look Azure, I know. Trust me, I know. I've seen this one happen before. This is how Cup came home to me the first time his parents were back. I think it's a younger him. The him that ran away from home to Elder Kettle. But something fucked up along the way, and he ended up here with us. So this is him fresh out of the abuse I think? Fuck. This is gonna get- Fuck." Mugs wasn't as stable as he had pretended. He was just as curious, and just as worried. He wanted to help, but the thing to do to help was nothing. And he hated it.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:58 am
The four-year-old blinked in confusion as he watched his older self treat his wounds. He didn't even have to ask him. He just knew straight away. Even the small ones on his cup that one would miss without already knowing where to look. It confused the child. He simply watched him silently. He felt the bed shift a bit as Reed moved closer to him, sitting down beside him. Mini-Cuphead recoiled back in fear once more, a frightened whimper left him. Cuphead paused what he was doing until the younger one calmed down enough. He spoke quietly to him, gently; telling him that Reed was okay. No one in this house was going to hurt him. It took a few minutes before he slowly scooted back over and the ten-year-old went back to patching him up. It was mostly a one-side conversation on the elder cup's side. The tiny one didn't say a word, though he did look up at him to show that he was listening. Little nods or shakes of the head here and there confirmed that.

Once he had finished, the preteen stood up. He took what was left inside the first aid kit back inside the bathroom before returning once more. He looked at the two on the bed before he headed over to Azure's toys. He picked out one he thought the little him would enjoy before he carried it to the bed. He held it out to him and watched as the child moved back in fear. Cuphead had to reassure him that everything was fine. He and Reed weren't going to hurt him. He was safe. Only then did the mini cup accept the toy.

While he wanted to do much more, he knew now was not the time. The four-year-old looked exhausted, ready to pass out on the spot. Everything else could wait until the child woke up.

"Go 'n sleep Lil' Me. Ya look like ya need it, okay? No one's goin' ta hurt ya neither. Reed and I will make sure of that. We'll talk more once yer up." The kid nodded as he slowly began to slide off the bed, but Cuphead shook his head at him. "Sleep on the bed. Yer not sleepin' in the floor. If ya need anythin' come 'n get Reed and I okay? We're right outside the room."

Mini-Cup nodded once more even though he was beyond confused. He was being allowed to sleep in a bed for once? He didn't have to sleep on the cold hard floor? And he was given something to snuggle with? How did he know where all his injures were without him even saying a word? Where did he end up? Cuphead checked the room for 'monsters' for his tiny self, letting him know that there was no monsters. Nothing was going to hurt him. He turned the nightlight by the bed on just in case the child slept until dark.

Pleased, the older cup turned away from the bed. He nodded towards the door for Reed to follow him out. Seeing the cats there, he asked them if they would be so kind as to sleep with the cup in the bed. It would help calm him down, he knew. Plus if he needed something, one of the cats would get them instantly. Angel and Arctic nodded before they disappeared into the bedroom.

Azure's eyes widened at the news. This was a little version of his double's Cuphead? If what Mugs said was true, that only made the mug feel even worse for him. Once he saw Cuphead and Reed appear from the bedroom, his other self's cup leaning against the wall, rubbing a hand down his face with a heavy sigh, he tugged at him, pointing to the two cups.

View user profile

on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 am
He kept talking. Not caring it was one sided, he had to make sure the smaller was okay, was distracted from the pain he was feeling from the wounds. Trying to help his double at all costs, both of them. Finally, it was all done. He stood up, walking to the doorway, turning to watch what happened. Frowning at how quickly the child moved off the bed. As if he wasn't even used to the idea of having one. It broke his damn heart. He still didn't know everything that happened to his boyfriend, the talk had been put on pause when other things came up. But now, he realized just how monstrous they were.

As Reed left, Tsuki and Hunter entered the room. Well, Hunter did. Tsuki merely reappeared in the room beside Arctic, making sure the action wasn't seen. Once the door was closed behind them, he turned to Cup, mouth open for questions. But the moment he saw how- broken he looked, he stopped. Sighing as he wrapped both arms around him quietly. He didn't try to move him. Didn't try to speak. Just stood there, holding him, letting him know he wasn't dealing with this alone.

Mugs blinked, and looked over at the two, frowning. He wanted to go over and help. Every bone in his body demanded he go over and help. But all the questions, the people, the pressure- He knew it would get to Cup. Reed was all he needed for now. "Azure, we're going to wait until he comes to us, okay? I- He needs space. Reed knows what to do."
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:53 am
The moment they left the bedroom, Cuphead felt everything hit him at once. He shook, from what, he had no idea. He hid how he was feeling well enough in front of the tiny him. The kid didn't need to see anything like that after what happened to him. He needed someone to be strong in front of him. Reed was, but he could only do so much. He didn't know enough to help out like he did. But he was so grateful for him. He still had done so much to help in there. He felt arms wrap around him and for a moment he froze, before he realized it was only his double. He collapsed into his hold and cried. He let everything he'd been bottling up since he found the tiny him out. The numbness was disappearing and everything was there at full blast.

Had things been that bad? He never realized it when he was younger. He knew his parents had fucked him up, but he didn't realize it was so bad until he saw it for himself. That kid was scared to do anything and only did something when he was told or if it was okay. And he was once in that child's shoes. He'd been there. He lived that at one point. What changed? He didn't know, but he was damn well sure going to protect that little him in the bedroom. They couldn't send him back to his own timeline neither. It would eat Cuphead alive to know that he willingly sent the child back to hell. He was going to have to live with them.

The other mug frowned slightly at his double's words. He nodded quietly, accepting that, as much as it killed him on the inside. As soon as he saw the cup break down and start crying, he felt like someone had just stabbed him in the heart. He wanted to do something to help, but he chose to listen to what Mugs had said. He didn't want to make things even worse.

View user profile

on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:28 pm
Reed knew now wasn't the time to move Cuphead. Even if he was in front of the two Mugmen, there was nothing for him to do. Cup needed to say here. He had been about to move him, honestly he had. But then, his boyfriend fell into his arms crying, something Reed had never seen him do. "Cuphead- Look, it's okay. You're okay. He's okay. Everyone's okay. I love you. You're not alone. He's not alone. You're both safe. Okay?" He whispered quietly, so he wouldn't be heard by anyone but his lover. He sunk to the ground, pulling the Cup into his lap, guiding his face to his chest, knowing that public displays like this made him nervous. More so with Mugs and Azure in the room. Something he was forgetting the more this went on. He felt so useless, that he couldn't do anything. And it made him worse knowing he was merely in the right place at the right time. No one told him to help the little cup. No one told him to go comfort him. If he never had, if he left well enough alone. . .Would Cup still be crying now? Would they ever have this moment here? He didn't know. He didn't like thinking about it.

Mugs knew he had to something. When Cup came to his senses, he and Azure couldn't be there. Sighing deeply, he stood up, picking up his double to carry him outside to the backyard. Ignoring his protests, if there were any, he walked out as quietly as possible, as to not upset his boyfriend more. The moment the got to the desired location and Azure was put down, he fell to his knees, beginning to cry himself. He couldn't take the pressure. Cuphead was in there breaking apart, and he couldn't do a thing. He was running away. He knew why he had to, but he felt so useless again. And he hated it.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 pm
The poor cup clinged onto him as though his life depended on it. And in his eyes, that was exactly it. Reed had been there to help him take care of the little him in the bedroom. No one had asked him to go into the bedroom and help him take care of his younger self. He was grateful for him. If the other cup wasn't there with him right now, he'd be suffering through his breakdown alone. He'd have no one there to help him. No one to calm him down. He never latched onto his double like this before. But he was the only one here right now. The only one he could latch onto. The only one he had right now.

He didn't say anything. He barely heard his double as he whispered softly to him, trying to calm him down. He hardly even realized he had been pulled to the ground gently before pulled into the other's lap, face buried into his chest. He trembled as he fought to breath. He felt like everything was falling down onto him all at once. He couldn't deal with it. He couldn't handle it. This was all too much for him to handle. He couldn't. He just couldn't. He was looking back at himself when he was young. He was seeing himself when he was in that state. It would fuck anyone up if they were seeing a little version of themselves that had gone through hell.

And it was certainly fucking him up.

Azure blinked when he was suddenly picked up. He made a sound of protest at that. He didn't want to leave. What if Cuphead and Reed needed them? They couldn't just leave them alone like this. The moment he was placed onto the ground and saw Mugs broke down crying himself, his double was right there. He wrapped his arms around him and held him close.

View user profile

on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:07 am
Reed sighed softly, holding him close, nuzzling into him, as much as he could, considering the amount of clinging happening now. He whispered more reassuring words, as he struggled not to cry himself. He had never fucking seen this. Never seen Cuphead cry like this. He normally was- Strong. Not as strong as he himself pretended to be, but fuck. He was the backbone of the family, the protector of most everyone, including him! To see this side of him broke his heart. He was trying to keep strong for him. It was his turn now. His turn to help him. His turn to be Cupheads support. And by god, he was going to do his best.

Mugman struggled to stand up again, trying to get up, to help his family, but he couldn't. The weight of everything had finally sunk in. He had been numb earlier, trying to calm Azure down, keep the new arrivals calm Once he had quiet, once he truly thought about it, it crashed into him like rocks falling from a cliff above. He began to say sorry, over and over and over, feeling terrible for making his double take care of him. It was supposed to be the other way around wasn't it? Fuck, he felt like a failure.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum