Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: Dreamful Meeting

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:54 am
"See, the advantage is I know, and you don't. So. What is this about? You planned this up, but whats the purpose?" He could attempt a smoke dash away. He could attempt to just run period. But he knew it wouldn't work. He had trapped himself. They had trapped him. Both were true.

Sighing a little, he lay back on the couch, closing his eyes to relax. If Rasui was going to be questioned and such, he may as well get comfy here on the couch in his little prison. Not prison but.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:08 pm
"It's a good thing Mugs is asleep right now. Hearing that you might not love him would break his heart. He cares about you, Rasui. More then you realize." If Mugs had been awake, Gum would have to deal with him protesting about telling him that and he'd be smirking. But since that wasn't happening right now, the other personality made himself more comfortable on the couch. How the fuck did Mugs lay like this? It was painful. "Simple. For you and I to talk. You can't fucking lie to me. I know you're hurting. I know you're not okay. Mugs can see it too. You came from his mind. He knows more about you then he let's on."

View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 pm
"You know I don't mean it. I love you both very much. I can't just admit to that though, come on." He smirked, trying to get out of this, to distract the other personality from his final fate. Though the part about hearing Mugs care made him frown, looking away. As if he didn't believe it. As if he couldn't.

His words hit a personal cord inside him. He shifted, avoiding eye contact at all costs. He was fine. He was okay. He just had to keep telling himself, and everyone else that. Over and over. "First off, I will be fine. Second, not that I'm trying to offend, but how does he know me well enough to know, if he was only made aware of me recently?"
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:20 pm
"Y'know, if I had a dollar every time anyone in this house said they'd be fine with shit was bothering them, I'd be rich right about now." Gum crossed his arms as he eyed the other for a few moments before he piped up again. "He's a smart kid. You came from his own mind. I think he'd be able to know about someone his own mind created." The same could be said for himself now that he thought about it. But he was his own being. He shared a body with Mugs, but he had his own personality, his own thoughts, feelings, all of that was both connected and different from his other self. "Don't quote me on it. Ask him later when he wakes up. Point being, you're not okay. And I"m helping you like it or not."

View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm
"I mean, it's true. I will be fine in the future. Besides. I don't need any help. Also, why do you care so much as to help me, whether I like it or not?" He raised an eyebrow, looking back at him, trying to hide how much his comments were affecting him. Mugs was his weak spot. He was made for him. If you wanted him to do anything, just mention the mug child, mention what Rasui's actions were doing to him. He had a personality, he could make his own choices, but that was because of Mugs. Because his need for a protector formed itself into what Rasui was. Not to mention that he could still change dramatically if Mugs so wished it.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:32 pm
"Mug cares about you. He might have created you, but he looks up to you just like he does everyone else in this house. Me, the two Cupheads, his other self... Now he has you to look up to as well. He loves you. He cares about you. Why do you think he was so worried when you didn't come back until dark? He was about ready to go out there to find you himself, even though he was terrified. Because of that, I care. It's my job to protect him and those he cares about. He cares about you. It's my job to help you. It's my job to give a shit and help you when things like this happen. Because if I don't, he'll be sad. He'll be hurt. He'll be worried. He doesn't want to see you hurt yourself over what's bothering you. He doesn't want anything bad to happen to you, okay? That's why I'm here right now. For both of you."

View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 pm
The words all hit home, far too hard. He couldn't deny the truth in any of them, even if he wanted to. He wanted to argue, to deny, to refuse, that it was all fake, all false, anything! But it didn't work. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He sighed, looking away, wiping at his eyes quickly, hoping Gum wouldn't notice. He needed to wipe the tears that had begun to form away. For if the other saw the tears, all his lies, all his protests would be very obviously torn through. "Let's say, for a minute, that your right. Just for a minute. So what? What is it you want from me here?" His voice was trying to be emotionless, but it wasn't working. It shook, and was extremely weak and quiet, how Mugs would talk if he were anxious.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 pm
Gum didn't say a word. He knew the other needed a moment or two. He wasn't going to force him to speak yet. He wasn't going to do that to Rasui. He didn't need that. He noticed the way the former dream Cuphead's voice shook as he voice, how meek it sounded. It reminded him of Mugs whenever he spoke when he was feeling anxious about something. "I want you to talk to me, Rasui. I want you to tell me what's bothering you so I can help you. You don't have to worry about Mugs overhearing. He's asleep. He won't remember any of this once he wakes up. All he'll know is he passed out because you were petting him. Now, tell me what's bothering you so much."

View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm
"I-" He tried, but his voice died before he could say a word. His eyes were really badly stinging now, ,and he felt something wet fall down his face. Then more of those wet things fell. He was crying. He couldn't hold it in anymore, no matter how hard he tried. He hated himself for crying like this. He struggled to keep back the rising wave of emotion, and failed in every way possible.

"I- Fuck." A laugh this time. A laugh of someone so upset, that everything happening was now becoming funny. Not the best sign. "Why the hell are emotions so weird? And strong. Fuck."
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:59 pm
It wasn't the first time Gum had seen someone breakdown and start crying in the household. It wouldn't be the last time neither. As painful as it was to admit. He knew that Rasui wouldn't be able to keep himself together for long. He frowned at the laugh. That wasn't a good thing. Not in his book. He was so torn up that this was becoming funny to him. The alter ego sighed as he pulled the cup into a hug, gently, and rather awkwardly, patting his back in an attempt to calm him down.

View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:06 pm
He accepted the hug, and honestly, he wasn't good at this either. He had no idea how much time was too long for a hug, if he was holding to tight or- And that made it even worse. He couldn't do anything, and it made him feel helpless. Now that Gum opened the gates, the flood wouldn't stop. It grew worse with each new emotion went through his brain, making him want to stop it, to turn off his mind. He was shaking worse by the second, and he began to laugh a little again, because at least if it was funny, it wasn't as upsetting.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 pm
The longer this went on, the worse Gum realized Rasui was. He had no idea things were this bad for the cup. He was thankful he and Mugs had planned for him to go to sleep during this, as much as the mug didn't want to. If he had been awake right now, he'd be having a breakdown himself. He wouldn't be able to handle seeing a version of his boyfriend who never cried at all, breakdown right in front of him. He'd have to deal with both of them at once. Something that he wouldn't be able to do. The other personality held him tight, allowing him to let everything out. At least this was going to help him in the end. He hoped at least.

View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:19 pm
It took a good few minutes. Probably around fifteen or twenty. It was a long time either way. Eventually, he just ran out of tears. It wasn't him actually stopping himself from crying, he just couldn't do this anymore. He went limp in Gums arms, sighing and trying to breath again. Breathing. Such an odd concept. Rasui laughed again, weakly as he wiped his eyes a final time, inhaling deeply to attempt to regain the control he'd lost.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm
Gum gently pat his back. It was good to see that Rasui was starting to finally calm down. A good sign that was. He sighed lightly. How long had the cup been dealing with this to make things this bad? Obviously a while. How had he not seen it sooner? He could have helped him before things got this bad. The mug rubbed circles on his back, hoping it would help him some.

View user profile

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 am
"S-So. Now that that happened- What do we do now?" He asked weakly, wiping his eyes again, trying to act like he was fine, trying to go on like the past fifteen minutes never even happened. He didn't want to process it. Didn't want to accept that it happened. He wanted to forget about it- Fuck. So many wants and needs, and he had no way to fix any of it-

Rasui forced himself to stop, shaking his head, struggling to clear it. The thoughts in his head were much too loud for him to handle. Everything needed to be quiet for two damn seconds.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:24 am
Gum pulled back slightly from the still calming down cup. He stared at him silently for a few moments, watching, studying. Things he did whenever he was awake in Mugs' mind but wasn't in control. Just like his other self, he was observant and could pick up on things a lot easier than others. The mug could see that Rasui wasn't fully okay quite yet. He was doing his best, but he wasn't totally okay still. But this was a start.

"How do you feel?"

View user profile

on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:15 pm
"Kinda a pointless question, isn't it? You won't believe me if I say I'm fine now, or that I'm fine period. So." He shrugged a little, looking up at him with a matter-of-fact expression. He wasn't going to admit to every little thought in his head, as there were too many to focus on. At least Gum was one voice. One clear voice to focus on. Sighing, he shifted a little, getting comfier on the couch. He'd lost his place when he had been crying his eyes out. Not a pleasant thought to have, but hell. It was fact.

"That doesn't answer my question of now what?"
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:41 am
Gum sighed. He knew it might have been a pointless question to ask, but he felt like he needed to regardless. He knew that Rasui wasn't likely okay even after he had just cried his eyes out. He was probably still feeling like shit, though hopefully a bit better then he had been before the breakdown he had. It was his goal to make the cup feel better after all. Even if it was just slightly.

"Now? Well, I'm sure you've seen what happens with someone has a breakdown, yes?"

View user profile

on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:26 am
"I've barely even existed in reality for a day, and Mugs doesn't really have anyone to go to in his dreams when he breaks down, save me. So, I have not seen what happens after a breakdown."

Was he being overly sassy and sarcastic to hide how fucked up he was internally? By fucking Satan, you bet he was. He was nowhere near okay. He was not really better either. He just had no energy left to keep crying, to keep this breakdown going. At least like that.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:37 pm
Gum gave a snort at the sassy and sarcastic remark Rasui gave him in return. He knew even by that the former dream Cuphead wasn't okay. People normally weren't okay even after they've had breakdowns. He'd seen enough of them to know what for a fact at this point. The other personality gave a small sigh. He might have been that side of Mugs who was strong and protected people, but when it came to full on comfort like this, he wasn't very good at it. That was all his other side's doing. Yet, he was asleep right now, and would stay as such until this was all said and done, possibly even longer. Satan knew that the mug needed his rest. He barely got any.

"Well, I guess it's time to show you, huh?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum