Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: An Aftertaste of Blood

on Fri May 11, 2018 1:22 pm
Sheen shook her head. "Most of our officers are out dealing with things right now," she told her. "If you want, you can go look at same case files. See if anything catches your eye. Other than that, you're free to do whatever until your shift is over."

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 12:53 am
Dusty resisted the urge to frown a little, she didn't like the fact that she's basically be doing nothing while she knew others were out doing more interesting things. "Is there anything in particularly interesting in the case files?" 

With her luck, there wouldn't be any new cases for her to work on or they'd all either be taken or solved already but it never hurt to ask.

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 1:30 am
"There is one case... But I don't know if you're up for it yet. No offence, Dusty, but the case is quite dangerous."

Despite that, Sheen headed over to where the police records were kept. She dug around for a few moments before she found what she was looking for. She pulled it out and handed the file to the other female. The title was in big red tittles called Butcher's Den.

"Prey animals have been going missing for weeks now," she continued, shaking she head sadly at the mere though. "And we have no idea why other than it's been done by a group called Butcher's Den."

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 2:32 am
"I'm up for anything," Dusty replied feeling slightly irritated that her own boss didn't feel like she could handle herself in dangerous situations. As she took the file from Sheen, the chinchilla looked it over carefully; analyzing and reading through every piece of information that it contained. 

It was gruesome, in a way, as well as sad that her own kind were disappearing at the hands of a sick twisted group but she couldn't help but feel excited at the sheer fact that she would be handling a real case this time. Her eyes rested on one of the pictures of a suspected member of the Butcher's Den, the collar he was wearing was similar to the one she had seen on the fox she had become suspicious of during her patrol. 

Making a mental note of what she saw, she closed the case file and looked back at the chief of police. "I'll take it."

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 2:41 am
The dark-furred animal gave a nod. While Sheen didn't think sending a prey animal out on this case anymore than there was already, she wasn't going to deny Dusty her chance to see if she could come up with anything where the others had failed. They hadn't given up on the case, but at where it was currently, it was a lost cause. There were no leads to go by. Whoever was in the Butcher's Den group knew how to cover their tracks to make sure they weren't followed or found.

"If that's what you wish, feel free. Maybe you'll be able to crack it." 

View user profile

on Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 am
"I promise you that I will be able to, I already know where to start." She replied quickly, feeling a sense of pride that she technically already had a lead in mind for this case. Chances were she'd probably have to work with him a bit on this case, and getting him to cooperate wouldn't be too easy, but it was her responsibility to solve this case. She'd have to take as many chances as she could, and do things she wouldn't even think twice about doing.

View user profile

on Mon May 14, 2018 6:29 am
Sheen was a bit surprised to hear that Dusty already had a lead on the case that she just now accepted. She supposed she misjudged the young cop. Maybe she really could do this. "Alright then. Off you go and good luck."

View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 1:57 am
She handed the file back to Sheen, she wouldn't be needing it for now and if she did it wouldn't go anywhere as long as it stayed open. Without a word Dusty turned around rather quickly and left the station oncr again, she wouldn't have much time to find that fox again if she stayed and time wasn't exactly something to be wasted ever in her eyes.

As she got back into the car she thought about the potential places that he might frequent on his downtime. She sighed heavily.

"This might be like finding a needle in a haystack, but at least I have one thing to go on." The chinchilla pulled out of her parking spot, ready to begin her search.

View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 2:59 am
Celes was making his way back to his home, unaware of the cop that was trying to find him. The young fox was pleased that no trouble had came his way today. He kept to himself, staying hidden in the shadows of the tall buildings. He didn't want attention drawn to him anymore than he got normally when he walked the streets. He tugged at the annoying collar around his throat with disgust. He growled softly as the green light began to flash red with a beep sound coming out. It was a sign to stop messing with it less he wanted a painful shock.

The vulpine snorted as he stopped. The beeping eased and the bright green light returned to normal. Mumbling bitterly under his breath, he continued on. The sooner he got back home, the sooner he could eat his stolen meal in peace without the judgmental stares.

View user profile

on Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 am
Just as she suspected, finding him was taking quite a while and she was getting a little tired of looking for him. As soon as she was about ready to get give up on finding him she caught sight of him once again; a bit shocked and eager Dusty slammed on her brakes and stared for a while in disbelief. She shook her head briefly to regain her focus. 

"Hey, you!" She shouted to get the fox's attention, chances are he would either run from her or assume that she was approaching him because she was under suspicion that he had been doing something illegal. Regardless she got out her police cruiser and began making her way towards Celes prepared to give chase if he decided on doing the first option she thought of.

View user profile

on Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 am
Celes perked his ears at the sound of the shout. The fox growled under his breath as he turned to face the owner of it. He showed emotion as he gazed at the police officer. He narrowed his eyes at Dusty. What in the world could she want? As far as anyone was aware, he had been doing nothing wrong. He was just a fox making his way back to his place or going somewhere. He tried to keep the sneer of his face as he watched the small animal make her way towards him. It wouldn't hurt to humor her at the very least.

View user profile

on Tue May 29, 2018 3:46 am
Dusty continued to approach the fox carefully, he hadn't made a move but she didn't want to seem like she was unprepared for whatever stunt that he might pull. As she got within earshot, she stopped and eyed him carefully deciding that it would be okay to let a little bit of her guard down. 

"I'm sorry to bother you sir, but I'm here on official police business and I have to ask you a few questions," she quickly pulled out a pen and her notepad that she kept with her just in case she ever ran into a situation like this, "are you aware that prey animals have been going missing for the past few months now?"

View user profile

on Wed May 30, 2018 1:21 am
Celes twitched an ear at the female's remark. He didn't make a move to attack her or flee. He was smart like most of his kind. He was cunning and quick, swift on his feet as he was to come up with something if he needed to. The vulpine rose an eyebrow at Dusty's question.

"Prey animals have gone missing?" the fox echoed. "I heard rumors about that, but didn't pay attention to it."

View user profile

on Wed May 30, 2018 2:40 am
She couldn't help but give him a quizzical look when said that he didn't pay attention to the events that had been going on for a while now, but then again being a predator he wouldn't really have to worry about that wouldn't he? Still, she was suspicious, he was wearing the collar like the one in the photograph she saw and from the information in the file whatever group that represented was likely behind the missing prey animals case. 

"May I ask where you got that collar from?"

View user profile

on Wed May 30, 2018 3:56 am
The fox gave her an unimpressed look. His tail flicked behind him as he looked at the prey animal before him. She couldn't be serious could she? Did she not know that all predators had to wear the collars? Had she been living under a rock her whole life or something. A small snort escaped the vulpine as he rolled his eyes.

"All predators have to wear these collars, haven't you noticed? It's to keep you prey animals happy since you think we're going to 'get out of line' and attack you," Cele spoke with a bitter tone that was as cold as ice. "If you're asking if I'm a part of some massive killing of prey animals, hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum