Share | 

Bottlecap

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:37 pm

"At least I didn't chose to be alone," Benny countered with a cold tone in her voice. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. Pemble had left his two friends to face the mafia along. While she could agree that fighting Akuma and those that followed him was rather foolish, she wouldn't put it past the purple cup. "Nor did I abandon my friends."

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 pm

"Yeah? Well, at least my friends didn't abandon me, leaving me alone to wander around looking for them like some lost pet!" He snapped, it was easy to deduce that that's why she was on her own. Like he did, her friends left her but he wasn't too sure if she was even looking for them. 

She was so quick to judge him for being on his own, that he didn't stop to think why she didn't think about what she was going to say before she said it. It was rather hypocritical and to him, she didn't seem like the kind who would just talk out of her ass like that unless she was doing something else and hadn't intended to end up like this.

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:56 pm

"My friends didn't abandon me. They were taken." The female cup didn't know why she was explaining all this to him. It wasn't like Pemble cared. He didn't even care about his friends. He left them on their own. That wasn't what a friend did. At least, not in her eyes. "I'm trying to find them and save them."

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:08 pm

"Oh yeah sure, like they wouldn't abandon someone like you. Because you're such a joy to be around," he said sarcastically. The dog felt himself growing tired of this conversation, it was going nowhere and all she wanted to do was try to argue the point with him about their separate situations, he continued walking away wishing to remove himself from this as soon as possible. 

"Say 'hi' to your non-existent friends for me Becky."

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 am

"It's Benny!" she snapped at the canine as he continued walking away. The red cup scowled at his retreating form before she too continued on her way. "I'll show him. I'll find my friends. I know they wouldn't leave me."

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:23 am

Pemble had heard her correct him, but he didn't care all that much she was still stupid anyway and it wasn't really worth remembering the name of someone like that. He continued on his way, his mind drifting to their conversation. So maybe he was a bad friend, but why did that matter? He didn't care that much for either of them and he would be glad to be rid of Bottlecap and all of his schemes that seemed to get the three of them in nothing but trouble. 

Yet, while he should feel happy that he at least wouldn't be seeing that horrid purple cup anymore he didn't feel anything. He felt like something was missing without the two of them there by his side but he didn't have time to worry about that. He was on a deadline, and he needed to make sure he got out of this place before things got worse for him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You got a lotta nerve showing yer face in here again," a rather sour looking badger at a demon that just walked into his establishment, that badger was none other than Dune; the owner of his own neighborhood bar and the demon he happened to be snarling at was Syrinx someone who was supposed to be banned from ever coming in there in the first place. A few of the customers turned around to see the demon, shrugging and smiling at the bartender; he didn't seem to have anything to say to him and it was pretty clear that he only wanted to irritate him today, of course, that wasn't always a good idea. 

"Let him alone Dune, he ain't hurting nobody..." A rather shifty looking weasel murmured to Dune, Martin was his name and he really wasn't the best judge of character but that didn't really matter because he wasn't exactly an angel himself. Whatever he said, Dune didn't take seriously, he never wanted to take the word of a drunken kleptomaniac and that was probably for the best in all honesty. 

"Yeah, I'm not hurting anyone, I just came in for a drink-"

"Like hell you did! If you don't get yer shapeshifting ass outta here, I'm gonna blow yer head clean off, ya hear?" The sudden rise in the badger's tone startled both Martin and Syrinx, it was clear that he wasn't going to allow him to set one more foot in the bar. That wouldn't just do, the demon had been looking forward to messing with some of his customers if Dune would have allowed him in but whenever he made a threat he meant business and honestly the shapeshifter didn't feel like losing his life at the moment. 

With one final glance at everyone there, he turned and left feeling rather disappointed. There hadn't been anyone passing along for him to torment or annoy, and this was the only other place he dared to go in; any other place was run by people who would kill him the moment they set their sights on him and he really wouldn't want to risk that. With a heavy sigh Syrinx, took on his usual fox form, and walked down the path he had come up originally to get to his destination. 

In the distance he could make out a figure but knowing his luck it wouldn't be anyone, probably some tree or something someone decided to leave on the side of the road.

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:46 am

Benny grumbled under her breath as she walked, leaving Pemble behind. She could care less about what that puppy did. She did feel a tad sorry for Bottlecap and Topshooter however. They had lost a friend all because they wanted to stop the mafia. It was a foolish thing to do, but at the same time, she could admire their courage. It took guts to stand up to powerful beings. She hoped the best for them, deep down at least.

As she trekked down the path, she spotted another shadowy form in the distance. The red cup girl narrowed her eyes. She grabbed her trusty weapon, ready to defend herself if she needed to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bottlecap and Topshooter finally reached their grandparents' house. The duo made their way inside, calling for Beaker and Chalice. The two elderly cups appeared before their grandchildren, a look of concern on their faces at hearing the worry tone in the green preteen's voice.

The brothers explained to the elderly couple what was going on, expecting to get yelled at for not listening to them. Instead, the elders shared a look with each other as Chalice disappeared in another room. This left the brothers feeling confused. What was their grandma doing? They soon got their answer as she returned, carrying a small bottle in her hand.

"Here. This should help you two."

"What is it?" Bottlecap questioned as he took the bottle from Chalice.

"It's a magic potion. It'll give you magic powers to help you two out on your quest."

"Y-You mean you're n-not mad at us?" Topshooter squeaked out, eyes widening in surprise.

Neither of the elders answered his question. Bottlecap shrugged his shoulders and cocked open the bottle. He peaked inside before he took a large gulp of the liquid inside. He screwed up his face at the strange taste it left, before he handed it to his brother. The green cup took it from him before he too took a drink, gagging at the foul taste.

Bottlecap looked down as his felt a tingle in his pointer finger. It began to glow with strange magic as he fired a magical bullet, hitting the wall in front of him. Topshooter jumped in surprise, eyes wide in shock. He looked down at the bottle in his hand with a slight frown.

"We s-should save some f-for Pemble..."

The purple cup wrinkled his nose. "Why? It ain't like he's goin' ta be join' us, Top. He betrayed us!"

Topshooter shifted uncomfortably on his feet. "I dunno, Cap. I just feel like we should, y'know? I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again soon."

Bottlecap sighed, rolling his eyes as his sibling's good-heartedness. "Fine. Whatever. C'mon, we'd better get goin'."

After saying farewell to their grandparents, the two brothers headed off once more, ready for anything that Akuma and the rest of the mafia was going to throw at them.

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:21 am

Bottles clinked together loudly as the box they sat in bobbed up and down slightly with each step its carrier took. The shifty skunk looked rather pleased with himself as he walked alongside his slightly taller companion, he felt a little sour over him making him carry both boxes of moonshine but the great deal he got on these cases was enough to balance out his mood. 

"Would it be possible for you to walk a little more carefully? That sound is making me want to kill you, so I suggest you stop bouncing with every step you take," Gustav said in a rather deadpan voice as they continued to walk along. 

His words immediately snapped Winslow out his reminiscing about what happened only a few minutes ago. 

"Aw c'mon Torch, you couldn't possibly be saying you want me to be a flat tire like you, besides wouldn't your honey be upset if you killed her number one dealer?" he replied with mock sadness, causing the fox to give him a sideways glance that appeared to be a glare though it was difficult to tell. He always appeared like he was angry or glaring at something. 

"If you're implying that I'm a rather boring gentleman then I think I would rather be that then whatever it is you are-"

"Excitable." 

Once again Winslow received yet another sideways glare from Gustav when he interrupted him, he wasn't too worried about it considering the fox couldn't do a single thing about the annoying skunk and this gave him the privilege to say whatever to the miserable and morbid creature. 

"And furthermore, Ms. Swanson and I have no romantic involvement. I would also ask that you refrain from calling me 'Torch'." 

The skunk only shrugged at his words, if anyone should be shutting his trap he thought that it should be him. After all the black fox was only there as a guard dog of sorts, it was no secret to Beverly that Winslow had accidentally made a ton of enemies during his time and having her enforcer there to protect him during some of his deals was one way of making sure that he didn't get killed or seriously hurt. He had been essential to their operation for a while, and it was because of his way of talking that The Silver Spoon had managed to get the best liquor at the lowest possible price making it survive for as long as it had and still with quite a bit of business. 

"Whatever ya say Torch. I know you're dizzy with that dame, and I don't blame ya. She's a pretty smart cookie, though I'm not sure why she's still buying this stuff when we're already gettin' the good stuff." 

"Because you sell it to other clubs and bars for us, for a higher price than we paid for. Besides, we have some customers that seem to really like that, discontinuing it would be disastrous for our business." 

This made him screw up his face in thought, Gustav made some good points but wasn't there always a chance that they could convince some of those bigwigs to switch over to their more pricey alcoholic beverages? All their boss would have to do is bat her eyelashes or just allow Winslow to do all the talking. The first part, however, was a little bit more difficult to argue with; it meant more money for them and the Cervinos so that old moonshine was still useful for something at least. 

"I guess ya got one good point there," he finally said as the continued on back to their speakeasy. 

"Naturally."

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:51 am

The two cup brothers made their way into town. Despite the newly added bullet power they were given, Topshooter still looked around nervously. He was expecting one of Akuma's men to appear before them to snuff them out. He glanced around with a small twitch as he followed after his little brother. Bottlecap didn't seem to mind, walking along like he normally did. He was confident that they could handle whatever came their way. Out of the corner of his eye, the green cup spotted what appeared to be a fox and a skunk going about their own business. The skunk was carrying a box and appeared to be struggling with it as the duo spoke to one another. He glanced back towards his sibling as he continued walking, not even bothering to look the other toons' way.

He looked back at the duo a small frown on his face. A tiny part of him wanted to go and help them out if he could, but he knew that it was dangerous right now. They were being hunted by the mafia. They couldn't trust anyone they didn't already know. And even then, they'd still need to be careful. They had no idea who was with the mafia and who wasn't. The elder preteen didn't want them to get into any more trouble than they already are with the crime lords.

With that thought in mind, Topshooter snapped his gaze back to his little brother, continuing their trek to who knew where.

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:16 am

As the two of them continued along Winslow caught sight of the two cups walking in their direction. He felt that it was a bit strange that two children were out here wandering around by themselves but anything could happen in this place. 

"Check it out, guess them two lost their parents, ey?" He laughed lightly, nudging Gustav with his elbow as they walked. This only caused the fox to give the skunk a rather disgusted look while he moved off to the side a little just to avoid the salesman ever touching him again. 

"You kids wanna make twenty bucks?" He grinned widely at Bottlecap and Topshooter as they drew nearer to them.

"Do try to focus Winslow, Ms. Swanson is waiting for us and I would rather not deal with any more children today."

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:37 am

The siblings came to a halt as they heard one of the two older males call out to them. Bottlecap and Topshooter shared a look with each other as they made met them half way. The green cup looked a tad uneasy, while the purple one had interest written as clear as the sky was blue on his face.

"Yer offerin' ta give us money?"

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 am

"Sure thing kid, ya look like a pretty strong kid for your age, ya help me carry one of these boxes to our, uh, place of business and I'll give ya twenty dollars each.

And your friend here-" Winslow stopped in the middle of his sentence as he looked at Topshooter. It was clear that he was older than the other one but to the skunk he looked a little too scrawny to be carrying the other case.

"Well I'll just have him help the Prince of Death here keep watch, I'm thinking ol' fancypants could use a friend."

The black fox looked over menacingly to where his associate and the two cups had stopped in place to chat a bit. It wasn't a very good idea to bring kids to where they were going but there was no way of talking Winslow out of it, at least Gustav wouldn't be able to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Topshooter groaned lightly under his breath. What the skunk was saying to his brother was going going to fuel his ego even more than it already was. But Bottlecap never was one to pass up the chance to make some easy money. And twenty dollars? He knew his brother was going to take that offer in a heartbeat.

"Ya got it pal. Top, do ya mind?"

"Even if I-I didn't, it wouldn't m-matter much... Go ahead and g-go. I'll wait out h-here."

"Thanks, bro. I'll be as quick as I can."

The green cup heaved a sigh. "Alright."

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Winslow couldn't help but laugh at their small conversation, he seemed to forget that these two didn't know who he was and what exactly Top would need to watch out for. 

"Ya won't be staying here, I meant ya gotta keep watch on me. I've gotta a few clients who weren't happy with the way I did business with them in the past, so you and Torch-"

"Gustav." 

"...are gonna have to come with us and watch out for anyone who might want to kill me, got it?" the skunk finished his sentence after his coworker interrupted him. The green cup didn't seem like he would fair well in a fight but if anything he would be useful for a distraction if someone should attack, giving the fox a the upper hand in battler. Though he wouldn't need it much, it was always better to be safe than sorry.

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:13 pm

The green cup stiffened at Winslow's words. He was going to have to protect him and his brother while the two carried the two boxes inside? A sinking feeling worked its way into his gut. He had a really bad feeling about this. Bottlecap was more of the fighter out of them. He could handle anything that came their way, but him? Topshooter wasn't sure he could do it.

"Y-Yeah, okay..." he squeaked out, his pointer finger glowing lightly as he kept it ready, just in case he needed to use it in order to protect the skunk from anyone that might want to kill him. He hoped he wasn't going to have to use it.

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:18 pm

As they continued on down the road with the two cups beside them, Winslow glanced down at Topshooter's finger, he couldn't exactly comprehend how it was glowing or even why but it looked cool to him. He caught himself wondering if there was something that made it do that, or if he could bring the kid along with him during his spare time to put on some sort of show for the general public; anything for money. 

"What's that, some sort of magic trick? You see this kid's finger Torch?" 

Gustav rolled his eyes at Winslow's childlike disbelief, though he had to admit it was a bit strange it wasn't worth the hassle of having to worry about it. 

"Yeah, if it gets on my nerves I'm cutting it off," he responded.

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Topshooter squeaked in fear at the fox's words. He moved as far away as he could from the vulpine and his skunk friend. He stuck close to Bottlecap. The purple cup gave him a reassuring smile. He wasn't going to allow anyone to harm his brother while he was there.

"Oh, yeah, that. I can do it too."

The ten-year-old also activated his own finger gun as he spoke.

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:18 pm

"Don't be scared of him, he's a real peach once ya get under his skin. Well...that may be towards only one person...moving on if you two want a job come by and see me, I could dig somethin' up for ya." Winslow continued speaking as Gustav opened the door and held it open for the three of them, it appeared to be a rather large bakery, at least the front half of it seemed to be. 

It was inside where they were greeted with a rather elegant looking, white she-cat. She appeared to look confused for a minute or two when she saw Gustav and Winslow with two children at their side, and who wouldn't be? No one came here for the baked goods they were selling and if some of their patrons had children they knew enough not to bring them along or tell them about this place. 

"I see the two of you have gotten into the business of babysitting along the way..." she said rather slowly, as she leaned on the counter and studied the two cup children casually. 

"I apologize for the wait, Ms. Swanson, but your dealer here has been making an ass of himself all day," Gustav replied to her sounding a bit apologetic, it was certainly a change for him every time he spoke to her. His tone seemed more emotional than it usually did. 

"You just gotta learn to ignore him, honey, you might feel better if you did," her green gaze switched over to Bottlecap and Topshooter, "and I have forgotten my manners. Welcome to The Silver Spoon, is there anything I can help the two of you with?" 

"Don't worry Bev, they're my temporary associates." Winslow had finally spoken up, giving the black fox a sly grin as he brushed past him to the back door, "do ya mind unlocking the back door, so we can put this stuff behind the bar?" 

"Of course not, but I'm not very partial to the idea of having children back there..."

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Despite the skunk's words, the green cup still stayed close to his little brother. He didn't want to take any chances. The brothers took a moment to glance around the building. Topshooter twiddled his thumbs nevrously as he looked around before his gaze came to rest upon the white she-cat behind the desk. Bottlecap hummed, leaning back on the heels of his shoes.

"Nice digs ya got here," he commented.

His brother elbowed him in the arm, earning a small yelp of pain from him. "Cap, that's n-not something y-you just up and s-say."

"What?" Bottlecap asked, rubbing his slightly sore arm. Topshooter might not have looked it, but he packed quite a punch behind that frail appearance of his. "I'm only speakin' the truth. It looks nice."

"Y-You're hopeless some t-times...."

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:28 am

The female feline let out a purr in response to Bottlecap's compliment and the banter between him and his brother that shortly followed. It was rather adorable for the green one to act like it wasn't a classy thing for the other one to say, and perhaps it wasn't but it was appreciated. 

"You've got a good eye then, thanks, sweetheart." Beverly's eyes switched over to where Winslow stood, she stared at him thoughtfully before looking back at the two kids. No one had shown up to the speakeasy yet and wouldn't for at least another hour or two. 

"I guess it won't be so bad to let the two of them in to help you put those away..." she mused as she moved to unlock the door, earning her a pleased smile from the skunk who waited patiently. With one paw she pushed the door open and led her associates into the backroom of the bakery which had been turned into a decent looking club. 

"Lazarus, our bartender, is indisposed at the moment so you and Winslow can go ahead and set those cases back behind the bar."

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:24 am

Bottlecap gave a nod at the white she-cat. He and Topshooter followed after her into the other room to see that there was a decent looking club. The green cup winced, memories of what happened at the Inferno Club came rushing back to meet him. He gripped onto his brother's arm, already wanting to leave this place as fast as he could. What if these guys were with the mafia too? What if they were some of Akuma's hechmen that were going to kill them?

The purple cup glanced over at his older brother as he latched onto him like he was a lifeline. He could tell that his sibling was terrified. It didn't take a genius to see that. He sighed and gently pat him on the back, mumbling under his breath to him that everything was going to be okay. If these guys were with the mafia, they could take care of themselves now. After all, their grandparents had given them magic powers just for it!

"Ya got it," Bottlecap chimed to Beverly.

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:38 am

When she saw the older cup's reaction she couldn't help but feel a bit worried, seeing the terrified expression on the child's face wasn't something she would have expected. 

"Is your friend alright?" she asked as she watched the two of them go behind the bar with Winslow close behind. 

"That green one there is just a tad jumpy, I think the Prince of Death gave him quite a fright on the way over here. 

"Gustav? Well, I suppose that isn't too surprising, Don Vittorio was right to hire him because of his ruthlessness...I'm sorry if he caused you two any grief, he's never been too friendly with anybody." Beverly looked on apologetically, it was true what she said, the fox wasn't friendly to anyone but he was friendly to her, to say the least. It wasn't very clear why or if he even liked her entirely but so far she had been the only one he hasn't threatened to kill or injure so that must mean something.

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:57 am

Topshooter took as deep of a breath as he dared, trying to himself down. They'd be out of here soon. All Bottlecap had to do was help carry a box or two, then they could get out of this place. He released his hold on his brother as he stepped back, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"He's fine. Top just gets spooked easily," Bottlecap commented. "Ah, Gustav ain't that scary. I've seen scary people."

"Cap-"

"What? I have."

"Now's n-not the t-time."

"Okay, okay. Geez. I was just tryin' to lighten up the mood."

"C-Can you please j-just do what we c-came here to do and l-leave?"

Mutt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:13 am

"I told ya he was jumpy," Winslow said as he set his box down and looked over at his boss, "but he and this other one got some magic on their side or something. Which leads to my question, ya think we have a place for them in our business?" 

His question confused her a little bit, she wasn't sure what they would be doing exactly but she supposed the extra hands wouldn't hurt. Still, she thought once more, if anything the skunk was just trying to get her to tell the two of them to stick around because he had an idea for making his own money of these two cups. 

"You know the Cervino Family doesn't hire children, that would be too dangerous and we're not without some sort of compassion for others. Besides, what would our clients and customers think of us if we hired them?" 

"Easy for you to say, you've got some of Vittorio's goons wrapped around your finger..." he muttered a little quietly, a bit upset that she had made a good point as to why they couldn't keep them around. Things would have certainly been easier for him that way, they would be close by and he wouldn't have to hope to run into them again when he found enough time to run some sort of scheme.

Miles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 am

To prove to what the skunk said, Bottlecap pointed his finger out, it alight with the magic he had been given by Beaker and Chalice, before he made it stop and lower his hand back to his side. "We got this covered in case everyone tries ta attack us," he added.

Topshooter gave a small nod in response. The green cup still wanted to get out of this place as fast as he could, but he wasn't about to leave his brother behind.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottlecap   

Back to top Go down

Bottlecap
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Original-
Jump to: