Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: Bottlecap

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:17 am
The green cup frowned slightly. The puppy had a point. It really didn't matter to what was going on right now, but he was curious as to why Pemble hung around with him and Bottlecap. Sure it had been the purple cuphead to go over to the canine first, dragging him along for the ride like he always did, but he wondered why. He had seen the cartoon puppy wander around the island all by himself before the brothers had approached him. Topshooter couldn't help but ponder if the two of them were the first and only friends that Pemble ever had.

His frown deepened at his friend's comment as he watched the white she-cat storm away from the taller one. Her fur was fluffed up and her ears were folded back against her skull due to her anger. Odd Cat didn't seem to mind however, not even when she cast a glare back his way before disappearing backstage.

"I don't know, he was going to come here without me," he pointed out, shaking his head as he looked back at the canine by his side. "Who's to say he wouldn't go through with it with or without me? You know how he is just like I do. He's reckless. He'll do things without thinking them through. Look at what he's doing now. He's gambling again after he promised he'd do it once."

Behind the stage, Treats looked up as Velvet stormed over. The bat paused in reaching for her hat before she turned to face the she-cat. It didn't take a genius to tell that she was rattled up about something.

"What happened this time?" she questioned as Trix's yellow eyes appeared from her shadow on the wall, listening in on what the two females were talking about.

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:53 am
Pemble shrugged and sighed a little, "whatever I guess. It'll be his downfall and hopefully, I'll have enough sense to stop hanging out with you guys so I don't get caught in the mix of it." Despite his supposed disdain for Bottlecap and the misadventures he managed to get the trio into, a small piece of him enjoyed it even if it became dangerous.

Binx's attention was drawn to Velvet's appearance and the sound of Treat's voice, intrigued by the conversation that was about to happen.

"There are children in here and Odd Cat refuses to make them leave, I mean they don't even have parental supervision!" she said angrily and sat down. Her ears twitched at the sound of chuckling, she turned her attention to the orange and white tomcat who got amusement out seeing her infuriated.

"Getting into fights with the boss again, eh?" he purred, leaning forward in his chair slightly and tilting his head.

"I don't want to deal with you right now, Binx," Velvet groaned dreading the fact that he simply couldn't resist attempting to rile her up even more, and even if he failed he would still persist.

"Why not? Aren't we friends?" he snickered, and suddenly dropping his comical act his face grew serious, "you know I just realized something..." this seemed to capture the she-cat's attention as she glanced over at him with a curious gaze.

"What?" she winced as the word came out of her mouth without her evening meaning to ask that, she wanted to know but at the same time she knew it was a bad idea to even ask, it would only indulge the smug cat.

"You're pretty cute when you're angry, someone ought to piss you off more often," he gave her a smug grin as her fur began to bristle at his comment and her once temporary expression of curiosity gave way to the angry one she had before.

"Does that line always work on the bimbos who fall for your slimy charms?" she hissed at her colleague who only delighted in managing to get another rise out of her.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 am
Topshooter didn't know why, but he felt a sting of sadness at the canine's words. He didn't want Pemble to leave him and Bottlecap. The puppy was his friend. Friends stuck together no matter what. Through thick and thin. Through the good and the bad. He knew the dog didn't really like his brother, given the fact that he could be rather annoying and headstrong, but he didn't think his friend would leave because of his immature sibling.

Besides, if he truly felt that way, what was stopping him from leaving now? No one was keeping him here in the club. He could easily walk out and leave the two cups to their fate. Yet, he didn't. He chose to stay for some unknown reason. Was he worried about them and just didn't want to admit it? The green cup knew that Pemble wasn't one to admit his feelings to others and if that was true, he wasn't going to be getting it out of him anytime soon.

"I hope you don't," the older toon mumbled mostly to himself, but he was sure the mutt's keen hearing would be able to pick up on what he said. "I don't want you to leave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Treats sat back and listened as the two felines got into what she liked to call a one-side lovers spat. The lavender bat knew that Velvet didn't like Binx in the way that he liked her. In a strange way, the orange-and-white tom was a lot like Odd Cat now that she thought about it. Both toms were hellbent on using their charm to try and woo women. Such was the case now with how the other cat was acting.

It was amazing that he never got the hint that the snowy-furred feline gave off. It was clear that she wasn't interested in him or the blue-gray toon that was their boss. It didn't stop them from trying however. The only reason they hadn't begun to hit on her yet was because she was still underage, being seventeen. That, and Trix wouldn't allow them to even if they wanted. The shadow was highly protective of her and wouldn't stand for such a thing. She had a feeling that wasn't going to stop them once she turned eighteen within a month.

She sighed as she placed her hat upon her head as she walked over to the duo. She stood between the elder cartoons, her own yellow eyes narrowed as she looked at them both. Her arms were crossed and even Trix looked displeased with the way Binx was treating Velvet. The she-cat was clearly upset about their boss not doing something about the kids that had wandered in and was worried about them.

It was no surprise that if she ever did find a mate in the future she'd make a good mother. She already acted like one to toons who were younger than her. Then Treats saw her like a motherly figure, though she never voiced it allowed. The bat's real mother had disappeared long before she was old enough to remember her. As far as she knew, she had no mother. The winter-furred singer was the closest thing she had to one.

"That's enough you two," the teenager warned, surprisingly more forceful than she was used to using. "Bickering between each other isn't going to help neither of you. Binx, back off and leave Velvet alone. Can't you see she's worked up enough with you adding onto it? Go get ready and leave her be. Velvet, I know you're worried about those kids, but there's nothing we can do. You know how Odd Cat is. He'll take any chance he get to make more money and to see if he can't get more souls to give to the bigger boss. This doesn't mean we won't do something about this. We can't allow these children to fall victim to that. What we need is a plan."

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm
He sat back in his chair and scoffed lightly, Treats was always ruining his fun and any chance he thought he had with Velvet. Though he wouldn't even stick around, he still thought that it wouldn't hurt to try; after all the only other woman who was back here was Treats, and she wasn't even of age yet which irritated him slightly.

"Why don't we kick the little rats out ourselves?" he joked, Binx didn't really care for kids which meant he sure as hell didn't care about their wellbeing. With one last smirk the tom got up from where he was sitting and disappeared further backstage.

Velvet let out a sad sigh, "I don't think there's anything we can do, Odd Cat doesn't care at all, and I don't want to do anything risky. If I get fired I might miss out on some opportunities, and I don't want that to happen to you either."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pemble gave his friend a quizzical look as he said that, he couldn't quite understand why anyone who wasn't family but then again he wasn't like everyone else and his sour attitude made that clear.

"I don't think Bottlecap would let me anyway," he said and shrugged. What he said had some truth to it, the purple cup had a habit of including anyone he came into contact with in his shenanigans and even if they didn't want any part of it they were still involved.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 pm
Topshooter gave a small snort at that. Pemble had a point. Bottlecap had a way of dragging people into his crazy adventures. He had no idea how the purple cup was able to do that neither. It both amazed him and scared him all at the same time. "It's a wonder how he's able to do that too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Treats rolled her eyes at Binx's comment. She knew that the tom didn't like kids. He wasn't the fatherly type of toon that was for sure. The bat watched as the orange-and-white feline left the two female toons allow. Her yellow eyes turned back to the white she-cat.

"Odd Cat and Binx don't care about anything Velvet, you know that. And honestly, I don't care if I get fired or not. So long as I got those kids out of here. That's all that matters right now."

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 pm
Pemble shrugged once again and got up from his chair, "let's head back over there before that dumb kid gets himself in trouble. Knowing how he is we'll have to bail on this joint soon enough."

Without bothering to wait for Topshooter the puppy walked back toward where Bottlecap and his seemingly new friend were about to engage in a new game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The she-cat frowned, "I know...all they care about is corrupting women and making money. As for the kid situation, I know you don't care about being fired but like I said there isn't that much we can do. I mean do you have any ideas?"

She looked up as Binx reappeared and sat back down in his chair, surprisingly he didn't bother to even make eye contact her; the tom focused his eyes on Treats with a frustrated expression forming in his face.

"Still talking about them little shits, huh? Well got any ideas so far genius?" he asked sarcastically, leaning back in his chair and getting comfortable preparing himself for the more conversation to come.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:58 pm
The green cup knew that he was right. If they didn't see what was going on with his brother, then who knew what was going to happen. He had a feeling something bad was going to happen regardless of what he or Pemble did or said. He cast a glance towards the blue-gray cat and swallowed. He didn't know why Odd Cat made him feel uneasy every time he was around him, though he knew that it was because he was the owner of Inferno Club. He sure seemed like the type that would own a place like this. Or at least a co-owner of it.

He shook the thought away as the duo made their way over to the table where Bottlecap and Odd Cat were still at. It looked as though his sibling was in a different game than the one that was going on before when he and Pemble had left the purple cup alone. When would they be able to leave this place? The longer they stayed here, the higher chance it gave of something happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Treats scowled at the cat as he made his comments. The bat crossed her arms and gave him a sideways glare. He was such a smartass. Even Trix was giving him a glare from where he was on the wall behind her. Regardless, the bat chose to ignore his smug remark and turn her attention back to the white she-cat.

"It can't be all that hard to sneak them out of this place," she replied to Velvet. "Trix could easily do it with his powers. No one would see him at all! We could sneak them out during our show. While everyone is watching us, that'll give Trix enough time to get them out of here before anything happens."

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 am
"Hurry the hell up Bottlecap," Pemble growled as he took a seat at the table, the more time he spent in this place the more irritable he felt. While he waited and watched the game the young pup looked up every now and then at Odd Cat with a suspicious glance. It was clear that he really didn't trust him, but he couldn't say much as they hadn't really interacted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her brow furrowed at the thought, she wasn't sure if it would even work at this point. Nothing could get past their boss or at least that's what she thought; he always seemed to be diligent in everything he did, no matter what he was doing so sneaking past him would seem more like a miracle to her more than anything at this point.

Even though Velvet doubted the idea it seemed like the only option, she sighed heavily, "alright we'll do that I suppose, we're going on in a little bit anyway..."

Binx snickered, he had still been listening and even he thought it was a pretty crazy idea although it was for different reasons; he didn't see the harm in the kids being here, no one seemed to be bothering them unless Velvet wasn't telling them the part of the story that included that in it.

"Hey Velvet, I'll make a bet with ya in case this fails," he purred smugly.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 am
"Give me a sec! I'm 'bout done with this sleazy ball!"

Topshooter winced as he hopped up onto one of the seats, resting the side of his cup in his hand. He watched his younger sibling go about playing his game. He barely noticed the small twitch he had as he swung his legs back and forward. 

He wanted to believe what Bottlecap said, but he couldn't. After he already lied to them once already that night, what was stopping him from doing it a second time? He hated doubting his brother, but what was he supposed to do? The purple cup was known to lie about a lot of things. Why did he think he was going to keep his promise the first time?

He was too naive for his own good, he realized. He sighed as he moved and rested the lower half of his cup on his hands as he continued to watch the game unfold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's the only choice we have at the moment," the bat pointed out. "If you have a better idea, I'm all ears."

Treats glared at Binx as he snickered at her idea. Sure it wasn't the greatest in the world, but it was the best thing that she could come up with on the spot. Getting past Odd Cat would be a challenge, she knew very well that it would. The pink suited cat seemed to know everything that was going on in the club, but she wasn't going to let that stop her from at least trying. Even if it failed in the end, she could still say that she tried.

"You're going to make a bet at a time like this? There are children here that could get seriously hurt, Binx! I know you don't give a damn, but this is low, even for you! You really are the scum of the Earth, you know that?"

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:07 am
"Look, either win or lose because I wanna get out of here!" The dog shouted at the purple cup, hoping that would compel him to at least give up on the game altogether. He doubted it would but it didn't hurt to try and make the cup actually listen to him for once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Binx was surprised at the sudden outburst from Treats, he cursed the fact that she was still a teenager, as he would have liked to say something rather flirty to make her angrier for his own amusement but instead he scowled at her slightly.

"What the hell is your problem? It's just a bunch of kids, they're not even being harmed and you're all bent out of shape about it? Oh, I guess it's because you still got mommy issues don't you Orphan Girl?" he spat cruelly; normally he wouldn't even engage in an argument with a woman but if his other option wasn't available then he would gladly allow himself to become provoked himself.

Velvet's heart sank as the two began fighting, this had been the first time this happened and she wasn't too sure how to even handle this at this point. She looked from Binx to Treats with a worried expression forgetting about her own anger from before.

"You guys, I don't think it's a good time to be fighting right now..." she said, attempting to intervene before this could progress even further.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:33 am
"It's not that easy, Pemble!" Bottlecap called back to the puppy as he glanced over at him out of the corner of his right eye. It wasn't something he could just do. Unless he wanted to admit defeat and he didn't want to do that. He wasn't going to just submit to this asshole. No way! He was going to win!

Another sigh escaped the green cup at his brother's words. "Cap, please. I want to go home. I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa are getting worried about us..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time seemed to freeze around the teenager at the cat's words. Her yellow eyes widened at the cruel reply that Binx spat her way. Even Trix looked startled, but that only lasted for a split second before his own golden orbs narrowed dangerous, glowing.

Everyone around the island knew what had happened to her. She needed this job to support herself since her mother had gone missing and her father... Well no one knew much of what happened to him neither. He was there with her until she was fourteen, before he too disappeared without a trace.

The bat knew that she was the one to start it. She had been rude to the orange-and-white cat, but she didn't think he'd stoop that low to bring up her mother leaving her when she was younger. She didn't remember her mom, but it was still a rather touchy subject for her. Even more with her father also vanishing years later.

Treats' eyes narrowed as she balled her hands up into fits. Her ears lay flat against her skull as she bared her teeth at the tom. It was a no brainer that she was upset. If one looked close enough, there were tears appearing at the edges of her eyes, though she wasn't going to allow Binx to see them. She'd be damned if she was going to give him another reason to make fun of her.

"That just proves my point," she hissed out. "You're a jerk, Binx. That's why no one here fucking likes you."

With that, she turned and walked off, Trix following after her along the wall.

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 am
"Bullshit! Just forfeit!" Pemble grew more impatient with every word Bottlecap seemed to speak, he turned his eyes toward Odd Cat, "can't you end this game?" he said with a glare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're one to talk, ya cheap whore!" The angry tom shouted after her as he watched the young bat and her shadow leave. Velvet stared at him in disbelief, she had never witnessed anything as bad as this and honestly couldn't believe the things he was saying. He had never been too civil, but as far as aggressive went he certainly wasn't that at least not with her around.

"Binx..." she began before he interrupted her with a snap, "don't you start too!" as he said that the white cat grew silent not wanting to provoke him anymore, it was at this point she really didn't want to hear what he had to say about her. She stared at him for a couple of minutes, listening to him grumble to himself about Treats before she decided that she better go and make sure the teenager was okay.

Velvet followed the direction her friend had gone in before she finally found her, "are you doing okay?"
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:11 am
"Pemble-"

Odd Cat rolled his eyes at the banter of the children. The blue-gray tom turned his yellow gaze towards the puppy and other cup that was sitting at the tables. Topshooter recoiled at the feline's gaze, biting his lower lip to keep from giving a whimper. He didn't like the way the cat was looking at him and his friend. There was something about him that rubbed him the wrong way.

"I could, but why would I do that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Treats had heard him, she was doing a good job at not showing it. She disappeared to a different corner behind stage and sat down with a huff. She ears drooped to the side of her head and her wings hung limply at her sides. Trix was staring at her with concern in his golden gaze. Binx had never done anything like that before. He wasn't the nicest toon to be around, but he never said those sort of things until now.

If the bat was being honest, it hurt. It stung more than she knew it should have. She didn't know why she couldn't allow the thought of her mother and father leaving her go. It stuck with her and was a harsh remind of just how cruel the world could be. She scrubbed at her eyes to try and stop the tears from coming. She couldn't begin to cry now. Not when they had a show to do in a short while.

The shadow toon was about to offer her some words, when Velvet came in. The bat had tensed up slightly, thinking it had been Binx, only relaxing when she heard the she-cat's voice. She turned around to face the snowy feline, a heavy, drawn out sigh escaping her.

"I'll be fine."

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:19 pm
By now the puppy seemed to know why they were let in in the first place. This cat was concerned about how much money he could make off of these kids by getting one of them to at least gamble all his belongings away.

Pemble thought for a minute or two, before an idea finally formed in his head. It wasn't the greatest but it could work, "how about I pay you? I can give you a lot more than you'll get out of this moron by gambling."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't let what he said get to you, I know that subject is sensitive but I'm sure he didn't mean it, he was just mad that's all." She couldn't believe she was actually somewhat defending the cat but it wasn't like he did mean all the things he said.

"Do you want to have a moment alone?"
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:18 am
Topshooter raised his head slightly in surprise. The green cup was taken aback by the puppy's sudden offer. Why would he be willing to give up his money to the cat? It dawned on him after a moment what he was doing and he remained silent, watching to see what would happen. Even Bottlecap had gone quiet, looking at the pup in shock.

"Is that so?" Odd Cat's whiskers in assessment as he stared down at Pemble. "And how much would that be? You're just a child yourself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know," Treats muttered quietly, just barely loud enough for Velvet to hear. She turned her gaze away from the older female. "I know he didn't really mean it. Just... I can't believe he said that. Mad or no mad, it wasn't right, Velvet. Suppose it's my fault though. I started it when I snapped at him."

on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:50 am
Pemble stared at him seriously, "How much you want?" his eyes never lost contact with the eyes of the strange cat. The dog was no stranger to lying, and he knew how to do it well; before Topshooter and Bottlecap came along he always wandered around by himself, there was no reason for it but he did it anyway and it did come with some sort of trouble that he needed to get out of quickly.

At the moment he had caught the cat's attention, the pup had already started working out the rest of the details on how he would manage to either come up with money or get his friends away from the cat for a second and make a break for the exit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't blame yourself Treats, you lost your temper because he kept messing with me," the white cat had taken a seat next to her and rested a hand on her shoulder to attempt to comfort the distressed bat. She wasn't sure if anything she said would even make her friend feel better but she at least wanted to try, "if you're not feeling any better in a few minutes we can just let Binx go on for the show, after all he would jump at the chance if we don't go out there as soon as it's time."
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:56 am
The green cup held his breath as he watched scene before him. He was tense as he waited to see what was going happen. The purple one rose an eyebrow as he looked on. The feline flicked his tail as he thought over what the canine was saying. This mutt was but a mere puppy. How much money could he even have? Why would he even offer it? To save his friend from giving all his money to the club?

"How much do you have, little puppy?" Odd Cat inquired, deciding to test how far this dog was willing to go with his little plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bat glanced back up at the she-cat as she sat down beside, hand placed on her shoulder to offer some comfort. Treats sighed once more, though she did give a nod. She had lost her temper because of Binx being a dick to Velvet. It wasn't fair of him to treat the she-cat that way. She couldn't help the snort that left her at the feline's words.

"I'm sure he'd love that."

on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:17 am
Pemble began to grow impatient as the cat attempted to draw out more information for him, he wanted out of this place fast and playing 20 Questions simply wasn't going to make that happen. He wanted so much to spit in his face and call him a loser or at least to tell him to go fall in a hole and die but if this was going to work he needed to try and be as calm as he could be.

"Whatever amount you need, I can get it, and get it fast."

He hoped that that answer would be enough for Odd Cat and that he would soon accept his bluff, but he prepared himself for more questions just in case the cat wasn't going to be fooled that easily. He had been using every trick in the book so far to make this convincing enough, so much that his head was beginning to hurt from looking straight into his yellow eyes to indicate that he was absolutely serious, and if this didn't work he feared that he might begin to panic a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her comment seemed to get a laugh out of Velvet, though it was a quiet one, even though the mood seemed to have lightened a bit she was still cautious in fear that the bat might still feel tense from before.

"Yeah, he loves attention...but like I said if you don't want to go on we don't have to, I mean I'm sure those kids must have left by now at least so we don't have to worry," she said, desperately trying to believe what she said was true; the white she-cat wasn't so sure if the kids had even left yet, but she was at least hoping that they did.

Admin
View user profile

on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 am
The pink suited feline hummed in thought. This little puppy was going through a lot of trouble to make this convincing. Odd Cat was no fool. Far from it in fact. He knew the kinds of tricks this child was trying to pull. He was the owner of the club after all. He had used similar tricks before to rope others in to staying and spending all their hard earned money, before kicking them out or taking them to the head boss if he needed to.

But this little kid, he could tell he was clever. He was smart. Smartest out of the three he bet. His tail flicked behind him as he stared down at the canine.

"And how exactly would you plan on getting it?" he mused, smiling seeming to appear even wider on his face, if that was even possible. "Would you steal it perhaps? Swipe it right out of some poor soul's grasp? Mmm?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bat gave the smallest hint of the small at the cat's laugh at her playful jab at Binx. She knew how much the orange-and-white tom liked to have the attention. He was a hog for it if she ever saw it. Trix remained silent, watching on from the wall.

"I should be better by then," Treats answered, moving to wipe her tears again. "I hope... But what if the kids haven't left? I don't want them hurt. They don't know the dangers of this place. I couldn't bear to see them harmed in any way..."

on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:42 pm
He didn't like the fact that he was being made fun of, but what he found to be even more upsetting was the fact that this grinning feline was a lot smarter than he thought he was. He wasn't too sure how he would actually get the money, but if he had to he was sure he could pull some sort of miracle out of his ass.

"I got a sister who isn't too far away from this place, her boyfriend is always giving her a ton of money. And I as her little brother can ask for any amount I want, if I want to buy anything, you let me go visit her I'll come back with more money than Bottlecap has left in his pocket."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had a point, there really was no way of telling if the trio of kids had decided to leave or not, especially with Odd Cat being around them. He was all too convincing when it came to talking people into giving him whatever he wanted, and he had too many tricks up his sleeve.

"Are you sure?" She too wanted to make sure the kids were safe, but causing her friend anymore stress wasn't what she wanted to do.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:30 pm
The purple cup scowled a bit at the puppy's words. He knew the canine was just trying to help, but that wasn't going to stop him from sticking his tongue out at him mockingly. The green cup toon gave a whine, watching Pemble and the cat speak to each other. He hoped his friend's plan would work or else they'd never get out of here. At least, not until Bottlecap had no money left to gamble away.

"Is that so?" Odd Cat purred, circling around the smaller toon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sure, Velvet. I'll be fine," Treats told her, moving to stand up. She could put aside her own problems for the moment. Right now, they needed to check on the children and make sure they were okay. Odd Cat was a tricky feline, one people in the casino knew not to mess with. He had ways to make people do what he wanted, and the bat had a sinking feeling that was what he was doing to the kids.

on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 pm
Pemble could feel more anger and frustration bubble up within him when Bottlecap mocked him, he was only trying to help out and this was how the cup showed how grateful he was? The dog let out a slow silent sigh, he wasn't sure how much longer he could keep this calm when he was being drilled with questions and now that his friend was giving him a raspberry. 

"Yes," he replied cooly, his gaze following the feline as far as it could before he had to turn his head the other way to stare at him. How much longer is he going to ask me questions? he began to wonder. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the bat stood up, Velvet soon followed, "what are you thinking of doing right now?" she asked concerned that something might be wrong.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 am
Bottlecap couldn't help but to snicker lightly at the canine's reaction. He was grateful for the help the puppy was giving him, but he couldn't help but give his friend a hard time. It was how he was after all. He watched as the tall feline circled around his friend, wondering if the cat was believing this or not. From what he could see, it appeared as though he wasn't buying it.

"And just who is your sister?" Odd Cat inquired, tail flicking behind him. He knew everyone in Inkpool and this was a test. A test to see if this child was truly lying or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bat gave a sigh as she looked over at her friend. "We need to check on the children. I don't want them hurt."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bennie eyed the club with an almost nervous glance. The Inferno Club was a popular place around Inkpool. It drawled in toons from far and wide. Rascal had told her time and time again to stay away from the casino. The raccoon never told her the reason why, other than that it was a dangerous place. She wasn't ready to tackle such a changeling task.

She scowled at the thought. She was more than ready to take it on. She wasn't going to back down from robbing from this club. The other gangs that rivaled the one she was a part of was already thinking she couldn't do it. That she would turn tail and run. A little girl like her couldn't do this they said. She gripped tightly onto her hooked cane as she grip her teeth. She was going to prove them wrong.

The red cup narrowed her eyes, a determined look in her eyes as she hopped off the rooftop, making her way towards the club to pull what was to be the biggest mission of her young life.

on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 am
He looked at him quizzically, it was this point in time he figured out that the cat knew he was lying and was toying with him, trying to get him to admit to his lies. The puppy growled quietly to himself, he didn't want to give up that easily but if he couldn't figure out a way to convince this cat or distract him somehow he was going to have to accept defeat. 

"Like you would know her, she doesn't even go out of the house, but if you're so deadset on playing 20 questions then you might as well forget about the money," Pemble said with a snort, "ugh and here I thought you were a man of business. So sad to see someone so foolishly give up a fortune because he doesn't want to trust someone." The dog huffed and went back to the table he had sat at when Odd Cat and Velvet were having a one-sided argument. He looked on at the other inhabitants of the club, not wanting to look at his opponent any longer; he would like to say that he wasn't frustrated and pretending to be, but he was, it had always been easy for him to become annoyed with situations, especially with ones like this. 

"I'll check with you," Velvet said and began to follow the young bat. 

"W-what are we even doing here?" Wesson stammered as he stared up at the sign of The Inferno Club, his knees wobbling as he fidgeted consistently. Smith looked up at his older brother, the orange tabby's ears drooped and he rolled his eyes at the taller cat who remained in an anxious trance at the sight of this place. 

"I told ya, this is the biggest place here in Inkpool and no doubt dem gang of thieves is gonna hit this join next," Smith said switching his amber gaze toward the building before him, a smug grin formed on the detective's fuzzy face, "I tell ya if my instincts are correct we can nab these guys and we'll be heroes!" his sudden loud voice seemed to snap Wesson out of his trance, causing the tall tabby to give him a rather shocked look. He couldn't understand why his brother had always had the fantasy of them being heroes of the island but ever since they were kids he was filling the young tom's head with such stories of glory and grandeur that at the time he even believed this was going to be true. 

"Keep your voice down!" he hissed nervously, beginning to look around frantically to see if anyone had heard or was even paying attention to what his brother was saying, "what if they're here already?" 

Smith only gave him an aggravated sigh, as he began to walk forward, "listen they're not gonna show up just yet, I mean they gotta plan 'n' stuff ya know?" he stopped for a moment allowing Wesson to scramble after him to catch up, "we're just going in here to keep a lookout and maybe I dunno get a few drinks?" the tabby shrugged at the last part, it was likely that he would be tempted to drink depending on whether or not they were affordable. It was a wonder how the two of them became detectives in the first place, especially when he could drink like a fish and was even tempted to whilst on the job. 

The lighter tabby shuddered at the thought of the other in a drunken state, he knew he wasn't supposed to be doing that especially when they were on a case but no matter how much he protested and pointed out all the mishaps that had happened when he had drunk on the job before his brother did what he was going to do, and not even his own brother could stop him. "Just don't drink too much, you know what happens when you do..." 

He ignored the tom's advice and immediately began to scope out the place for any suspicious looking characters as soon as they walked in. He jumped slightly at the sound of an alarmed shriek behind him, "what now?!" he shouted at his brother, as he guessed that it was him who let out a yowl. 

"They let kids in here!" The distressed feline cried, directing Smith's gaze toward the group of children who were at the gambling area of the club. He didn't see why he was making a fuss out of this, "so what? Let 'em have there fun, hell maybe if they stay here long enough they'll get lucky..." he muttered heading straight to the bar, Wesson close at his heels. 

"I don't know, I don't like the looks of that or anything else here, I mean we could get murdered! They're willing enough to let children come into such a seedy environment, there's no telling what else they would do, or even what could happen in here!"
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 am
Odd Cat couldn't keep the chuckle from ringing from his throat as he watched as Pemble backed down. The feline was quite pleased with himself over the fact that he had caught the little annoyance in his lie. The sudden appearance of the two orange tabbies didn't go unnoticed by the owner of the club neither. He left the children to be looked after by one of the other workers as he made his way towards the other felines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trix followed after the two females along the wall, keeping a watchful eye out as he always did. Treats turned her yellow gaze on the white feline. "Are you sure?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The young cup moved quick and silently. She was there one second and gone the next. She was going to have to use every trick in the book that Rascal had taught her if she was going to pull this off and get away with it. She wasn't going to fail her task. If she did, it would be like she had failed the raccoon that had taken her in when no one else wanted her. She couldn't allow that to happen. She wouldn't.

Bennie scanned around as she jumped onto the roof of the casino. Upon seeing no one, she began to work on sneaking inside. She jumped down and crawled in through an open window. Her heart pounded in her chest as she looked around and was relieved to see no one around. She let out a breath she wasn't even realizing she was holding. She slowly moved through the place doing her best not to draw any unwanted attention to herself. That was the last thing she needed.

The little toon paused when she spotted two familiar twin felines that had also entered the club. She uttered a curse under her breath as she moved back further in the shadows. She knew all about the duo. They had been trailing after the gang of thieves in Inkpool even before she was found by Rascal. The raccoon had told her to watch herself around them. Even though Smith and Wesson were terrible at their job, he was never one to take risks.

A thing that she lacked in.

Bennie listened to the felines talk to one another, rolling her eyes at their banter. She took no interest in it for the most part, snorting at the idea that the one brother thought they would be heroes just because they caught a bunch of thieves. How stupid could he be? Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a group of children at one of the gambling tables and a rather tall cat making his way towards the two newcomers. Seeing her chance, she crept off before she could be spotted.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum