Go down

Re: Bottlecap

on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 pm
"I'm just as worried about them as you are," she replied calmly, and it was true; she had found herself wondering if they were doing okay or if they were getting ready to leave. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Smith sat down and ordered a few drinks, Wesson stayed a little ways behind him looking about frantically and jumping at any sight that caught him by surprise. As he looked around anxiously the tall tabby's eyes caught sight of Odd Cat approaching them. He gasped slightly at the sight of the strange tom and rushed quickly to his brother's side. 

"Smith, Smith! There's someone coming towards us!" he hissed quietly tapping on Smith's shoulder in an attempt to get him to turn around, but the shorter feline only shrugged his hand off his shoulder with an irritated grunt every time he did so. It probably wasn't anyone important, or the chances were that whoever was 'approaching' them wasn't really heading for them but rather going to meet someone else; Wesson was paranoid and petrified of everything surrounding him, so if that was the case he wouldn't be too surprised, it had happened before and he got sick of his younger brother pestering him about such nonsense. With a huff the darker tabby turned around as he persisted, his gaze was soon greeted by the grinning feline that was approaching the two of them. 

Hard to believe anyone comes in this joint with psychos like that comin' in here as well, he thought as he continued to eye Odd Cat suspiciously; if he was looking for a fight then Smith was ready to give him one, unlike his brother he wasn't exactly afraid to get his hands dirty if need be.
Admin
View user profile

on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:50 am
"I hope they're alright. This is no place for children to be hanging around. You know how Odd Cat is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The grinning feline stopped at the table where the other two were seated. He could tell that one of them didn't want to be here at all. He was skiddish and frightened easily it seemed. He was like that little green cup kid that was trying his hardest with that puppy to get the purple one to leave. How interesting. Odd Cat greeted the toms with a small bow.

"Welcome to the Inferno Club. Might I interest either of you with anything?"

on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:24 am
Velvet frowned a little, "yes I do, unfortunately." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wesson backed away slightly, his ears laid flat against his skull as he stared nervously at the stranger that had approached him and his brother. Smith looked back at his brother as he felt the presence of the taller cat's hand leave his shoulder; he rolled his eyes, it was clear that his younger brother wouldn't be much help if a fight should break out. After he observed the usual actions of Wesson, Smith returned his gaze to Odd Cat giving the strange feline a rather quizzical expression. 

"Unless ya got more liquor for me, we don't want whatever you're sellin' pal," Smith said, trying to test and see if this psychopathic looking gentleman really had approached them to start trouble. As he spoke Wesson winced a little at his brother's remark, he wished he wouldn't say such things whenever they met someone new even if it was for the best just in case whoever it was had ill intentions the lanky tabby couldn't help but think that perhaps kindness would work better as a defense.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 pm
Treats nodded as she headed out of the room with Trix following along the wall after her. She knew that Velvet would be following her before too long. The white she-cat was just as worried about the children as she was. They had ever right to be. Odd Cat was a feline that was not to be trusted, even if he was their boss. This whole place wasn't to be trusted, but they needed a job, regardless of where it came from. The Inferno Club was the only decent part of the island that paid well enough to keep them going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The blue-gray feline flicked his tail at the orange tabby's reply. An interesting one he was. The one that backed away was a lot like that green cup that was skiddish of everything. He had ever right to be, but it was a good thing that he didn't know the reason behind it. And Odd Cat intended to keep it that way too.

"We have plenty here if that's what you requite."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Benny poked her head out from behind some boxes she had taken up hiding behind. So far, no one seemed to notice the red cup. Much to her relief. She didn't want to be caught now. Not when she was so close to her goal. The thief scanned around to see if anyone was watching before she slipped through the door she was near, sneaking inside without a second glance back.

I know the office is back here somewhere. I just need to find it.

Getting inside the head owner's office would be easier said than done, but Benny was ready to put all her skills she had learned on the streets to the test. It was time to get to work.

on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 am
Velvet followed close behind Treats as she headed out to go check on the children she had met before, as they emerged from backstage the white she-cat's gaze immediately fell on the three friends. Odd Cat was gone, and she wasn't sure how to feel about that; there was a mix of relief and alarm at the absence of the grayish blue tom, while he was dangerous to him it was more dangerous for them to be hanging around the club alone. 

Feeling a bit nauseated at the scenarios that played out in her head due to her worries Velvet looked around desperately to see if her boss was anywhere near them, hoping that he would have some sort of change of heart and prevent anything too bad from happening to the three kids. It was long before she finally spotted him talking to two other cats that hadn't been there before, but she paid them little mind as she directed her attention back to her friend. 

"Treats, they're alone." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The orange tabby raised an eyebrow in question at the other feline's words, "we?"

This had also caught the attention of Wesson who until now had been silently praying that nothing terrible would happen, he tilted his head to the side giving Odd Cat an equally curious look as he stepped forward slightly. "You work for this establishment?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pemble's gaze had followed Odd Cat as he moved to greet the two new customers who had just walked in, it was the perfect window of opportunity to try and convince Bottlecap to finally leave but he wasn't going to just yet, the young pup needed to make sure there would be a sufficient amount of time for him to persuade the stubborn cup. He watched intently for any signs of the strange feline's return, but there was nothing that could tell him for sure if he would be coming back, it had become all too clear that he was rather unpredictable. 

Finally, he decided that it would be better to just take action regardless, the sooner they got out of there the better. The canine once again got up from where he was seated and returned to his friend, "listen we better just leave. Now's the perfect chance for us and let's face it you're gonna run out of money to give him if this keeps going."
Admin
View user profile

on Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am
The teenager perked her ears at the elder female's words. The children were alone at least? It seemed that luck was beginning to turn in their favor. They would have to be quick about it though, the bat knew. Odd Cat could come back at any moment. That couldn't happen.

"We'd better be quick then, Velvet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The grinning feline gave a nod at the other two cats. "I do indeed work here gentlemen. I'm the owner of the club as a matter of fact." More like co-owner, but owner all the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topshooter watched Pemble get up from his seat beside him. The green cup had been watching the three felines talk to each other, trying to hear what was being said. However, they were too far away for the preteen to pick up on, must to his dismay. Bottlecap looked up at the puppy as he once again tried to convince him to leave before he gave all his money away. Beaker and Chalice wouldn't be very happy with him if he did that.

"C'mon, Pemble. Just one more round?"

View user profile

on Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 am
Velvet gave her a nod, "so what's the plan then? We just go and grab them?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smith glanced back at Wesson with a small grin, if this was a man of business there was a chance the orange tabby would be able to convince the strange feline to pay a small fee for their services. Though it wasn't exactly necessary, he could never resist the chance of earning a bit of extra money on top of what they got paid by their department while they were "working". 

"Well mister, I must confess we didn't come here only for the drinks. We have a hunch that your club here is the next target for a group of an infamous gang of thieves we have been tracking for a while; of course, we weren't planning on hanging around for long, as we do have other business somewheres else, but we could be convinced to stay to make sure they get caught...for a small fee of course." 

Wesson gave his brother an uneasy look, he didn't like it when he ran this cheap scam, especially with how bad they were at doing their job. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How stupid are you? You're going to lose all of your money to this shithead if you play one more game." Pemble growled he had always hated how stubborn Bottlecap was. He looked over at Topshooter, "aren't you going to say something? He's your brother."

View user profile

on Tue May 08, 2018 4:38 am
"We'd more than likely frighten the poor dears if we did that, V."

But the she-cat did have a good point. What were they going to do? They'd have to be quick less they wanted Odd Cat to step in and stop them again. Convincing them to leave would be easier said than done, and it would take time. Time wasn't on their side. Who knew how long the pink suited feline would be talking to the other two cats?

"We'll just have to go with that... We'll grab 'em and run for it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Odd Cat flicked his tail behind him, yellow eyes blinking slowly, eyebrow raised curiously. "Thieves you say?" he mused thoughtfully. "Can't say I blame them. Inferno Club is the best club in Inkpool. Little thieves will be dealt with should they come here... What would this fee of yours be, mm?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I... O-Okay.." Topshooter tapped his thumbs together nervously from where he was seated. "H-He's wrong, Cap... I don't t-think you'll be able to b-beat this guy... I think we should just g-go before we get into t-trouble..."

Bottlecap looked over at his brother and gave a sigh. "Top, chill, will ya? We ain't gonna get into trouble. I promise ya. I swear this is the last one, then we'll go, 'kay?"

The green cupheaded toon let out a low whine. "Bro, please..."

View user profile

on Tue May 08, 2018 5:14 am
Binx let out a sigh causing Velvet to turn around and stare at him, "what's your problem?" she asked, her brow furrowing slightly as she guessed silently that it wouldn't be for legitimate concern. 

"Oh nothing, just listening to the two of you...and thinking of what a shame it'll be when you get fired for throwing out customers without authority. We didn't even have a chance to get drinks together." The orange and white tom said with another sigh and gave a small shrug afterward before taking off to do God knows what. 

"Let's just go and get this over with before Odd Cat sees us," the she-cat said turning her attention back to Treats. She knew she shouldn't allow what her coworker said to her get to her head, but losing her job had always been a great fear of hers and Binx knew that and he enjoyed using that as a reason to get under her skin. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'd say about one grand," Smith's words were enough to make Wesson panic once again, it was a pretty steep price and who knew what this cat would do if he discovered that he was just wasting his money on two amateurs. 

"Are you insane?" The taller feline hissed in his ear, but this only caused his brother to shrug. 

"I'm lowballin' it." He whispered back, he was being too casual about this it seemed and wasn't about to listen to reason or even stop to think about the repercussions of his actions if Odd Cat decided to pay. "Pretty sure this guy is loaded anyway, he won't be missin' $1,000." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bottlecap I swear I'm gonna knock your ass out one of these days," the puppy clenched his fist.

View user profile

on Tue May 08, 2018 6:44 pm
Treats frowned as Binx made himself known once again. Trix was beside her on the wall, the shadow narrowing his eyes slightly at the orange-and-white tom. He snorted at the other male's words, eyes rolling not long after.

"Right, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The blue-gray cat hummed in thought. "One grand?" he echoed, tail swaying behind him. "That's all you require for your fee?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, c'mon now, Pemble! Ya wouldn't do that ta me! Ya could end up breakin' me and Top would be all sad!"

"D-Don't drag me i-into this...."

View user profile

on Wed May 09, 2018 3:03 am
She gave her a nod once again and started on her way, thinking of which path would be better for them to take so that they can go easily go by unnoticed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smith grinned once again and nudged Wesson with his elbow, "see I told ya, wouldn't be too much for this cat," he returned his attention to Odd Cat once again still smiling. "Yeah, just that will do." 

The taller tabby sighed, his brother seemed to be in way over his head; even if that was just chump change to their client who was he to say that he wouldn't be missing it later on if they failed to save his club from a robbery. He gulped anxiously before backing away slightly again and sitting down, he was fearful of what might happen but there wasn't anything he could do about it; Smith's mind was set. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'd be willing to take my chances..." Pemble growled.

View user profile

on Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 am
"C'mon," Treats told her as she began to swiftly making her way towards the children. Out of the corner of her eye, she kept a watchful eye on Odd Cat to see if he was coming back or not. So far, it appeared as though they were in the clear. Even so, the bat couldn't help the anxiety that bubbled within her. She knew how dangerous this was, but she was willing to take that risk in order to help the children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If that's what you wish, then fine." He didn't think his boss would miss that much money. After all, they could easily get it back before long. Inferno Club was insanely propler. "Do you know what these thieves happen to look like?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The purple cup gave him a look of mock hurt. "That hurts, P."

View user profile

on Thu May 10, 2018 3:42 am
Velvet followed close behind, her eyes flicking nervously from Odd Cat to the three kids they headed towards. About halfway there she began to get a sick feeling in her stomach, causing her to whisper a silent prayer to herself; she wasn't sure if things would work out but it didn't hurt to try and build up her hope. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He shot Wesson another glance, it was perhaps a bit too smug looking at least that's what the younger feline thought. He could only shake his head, even if blue-gray tom wouldn't miss the money it still wasn't right for Smith to bamboozle their clients out of their money every time; he added that onto the lists of things he shouldn't be doing on the job. 

"Uh, yeah sure, whatever. Listen while we're waitin' here, you got any smokes around here?" The short cat replied and turned his attention back to the rest of his surroundings. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't call me P!" Pemble shouted, by now both his fists were balled up in pure rage even though there was no use for it; Bottlecap would only try to provoke him more, knowing that he would never resort to physical violence against his friends.

View user profile

on Thu May 10, 2018 2:26 pm
Benny grinned as she came upon what she was looking for. The young red cup reached a hand out to grab it, when she heard a growl behind her. She spun around, eyes wide. Standing there appeared to be a puppy with horns sticking out of his head.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" the canine snarled as he began walking towards the child.

Panicked, she snatched what she had came for and made a run for it. She slammed the door opened and bolted, not even caring if the two cats from before were still there. Behind her, she heard the dog howl to a cat in a bright pink suit.

"Odd Cat! Stop her!"

Odd Cat disappeared (in a very Cheshire Cat like way) before he reappeared in front of the little girl, his grinning seeming to spread further across his face. Benny skidded to a stop with a shriek. Before she could turn around to bolt a different way, the blue-gray feline had grabbed a hold of her, lifting her up off the ground with ease.

Topshooter's eyes widened and he recoiled back in the chair he was still seated at. He didn't say a word, only watched on in horror. Bottlecap turned his attention from Pemble to watch the scene before them. The purple cup narrowed his eyes as he hopped out of his seat. Normally, he wouldn't get involved in something like this, but this girl had a lot of spunk to be trying to do anything to this club. He could respect that.

"C'mon, we gotta help her."

"W-What?" The green cup turned his attention to his little brother, clearly panicked about what was going on. "Y-You can't be s-serious, Cap! We s-shouldn't get involved in t-this."

"We can't let 'em hurt her, neither, Top."

"M-Maybe they w-won't hurt her... I doubt they'd h-hurt a kid."

That did little to make the salutation any better, even he knew that. But what could they do? They'd only get into more trouble if they tried to help the other cup kid. They were already in enough hot water as it was. There was no need to add fuel to the fire.

Treats came to a stop when the scene began. The bat's eyes were round. There was another child in the club? How in the world dis she get here? She turned to look back at Velvet at a loss for words.

View user profile

on Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 pm
The whole commotion caught everyone off guard, even Pemble seemed to be in a state of shock as he witnessed the whole spectacle. As Bottlecap spoke the dog's jaw dropped at his words, that cup was more insane than he thought he was. 

"You can't be serious...I mean- Topshooter is right, I doubt they would actually harm a kid. Besides, I don't think we would be able to handle those guys." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Velvet stopped dead in her tracks when she saw what was happening when her gaze fell upon Benny she was completely and utterly confused by the sight of her; she didn't recall seeing her here when she first spotted the three kids. Her eyes met Treats' eventually and she couldn't exactly think of anything to say to the bat. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wesson shrieked at the very moment Odd Cat disappeared from their sight, catching Smith's attention from his half-hearted quest to find a cigarette, "what's your problem?" 

The taller orange tabby didn't bother to respond as he watched what was going on, curious now his brother looked on with him but he could only shrug. It appeared to him they were only dealing with a rather troublesome child, he couldn't exactly comprehend why anyone would find this shocking or worrisome. 

"So what? It's good to see that the staff here is willing to take care of the scum of this place," the older tabby muttered as he turned around to order another drink, it seemed rather cruel to Wesson that he would just ignore a kid in trouble but there wasn't anything he could do. It had always been in his brother's nature to be nonchalant about situations they weren't involved in, not to mention this would be too much for him to handle. 

"What if she gets hurt..." Wesson said under his breath.

View user profile

on Fri May 11, 2018 1:39 pm
"Ya don't know that neither, Pemble. I mean, they'e lettin' us gamble ain't they? They could very well hurt her."

Topshooter shifted slightly in his chair, his nerves getting the better of him. "I dunno, bro... Pemble's right. Even if we did, we couldn't take these guys."

"Never hurts ta try."

"N-No, it does. We could d-die!"

"You don't have ta help me if ya don't want ta. I'll handle it myself."

"Cap, that's suicide!"

Bottlecap shrugged as he began to make his way over to where Odd Cat, keeping Benny captured. Topshooter let out a low whine as he looked over at Pemble. What were they going to do?

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 am
With an uneasy look, Pemble followed after Bottlecap ignoring the glance that Topshooter had shot him in fear that it would just increase that familiar sick feeling that was creeping slowly back into his stomach. 

"Bottlecap, we better just leave this whole thing alone. They're probably just going to throw her out," the puppy decided to try one more time to convince his friend not to go through with this insane plan.

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 1:50 am
The purple cuphead paused as he glanced back at Pemble as the puppy followed after him to try one final time to get him to stop. Topshooter hopped out of his chair and followed after the canine, watching on silently, fidgeting a tad in place.

"Pemble's r-right. They'll more t-than likely just t-throw her out of h-here... We shouldn't get i-involved in t-this... We'll g-get in trouble too..."

"Guys, I have a bad feelin' in my gut. I don't think they're goin' ta just throw her out."

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 2:11 am
"Yeah? I have a bad feeling too and that's only because you're willing to get us all killed for someone we don't even know!" He growled, arguing was useless but if anything it was helping to further stall them from getting killed possibly. 

"I think you just want to rescue her because she's a cup just like you and you think she's pretty." the dog said with a snort.

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 2:32 am
Bottlecap scowled at him. Did he really think that he wanted to save the mysterious cup girl because he thought she was pretty? He didn't even like her. He didn't believe in that 'love at first sight' bullshit that a lot of others seemed to think was a thing. If he was being honest, he didn't know why he wanted to help her. He just wanted to.

"That ain't the reason I wanna help her, Pemble."

Topshooter bit his lip as he looked between his two friends. "I-It's now really the t-time?"

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 2:39 am
His friend's reaction made feel sort of a smug in a way, it was the first time Bottlecap had scowled at him without playing something he said off as a joke. Glad to have found something to keep the cup stalled Pemble battled with the urge to grin. 

"Oh really? You think she's ugly?" His eyes flicked over to the female cup for a second, causing him to have a look of question on his face as he stared once again at the purple cup, "nah, you couldn't possibly...I think you really do just find her attractive. Who wouldn't want to help a pretty girl out, I guess."

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 2:51 am
The purple cup knew that his canine friend was just trying to get under his skin. He and Pemble always had a bit of a more or less friendly rivalry with each other. How in the world it started, he couldn't recall, he just knew it was a thing. Or so he viewed it as anyway. They never meant anything they said to each other and it was all said as a joke. The pup just wanted to stall for time.

"I don't think she's ugly. She's a pretty gal, sure, I just ain't interested in her is all. Is it so wrong that I want ta help her out? Ta do somethin' good for once?"

Benny struggled, kicking with all her might to get out of Odd Cat's grip. "Lemme go right now! Or you're going to be sorry!"

The feline rolled his eyes as he carried the trouble making thief off to the back room to be dealt with in private. Bottlecap watched out of the corner of his eye as did Topshooter. The red cup girl continued to try and free herself from the feline's hold, but was unable to do soon.

"They ain't kickin' her out. They're takin' her to the back. C'mon, now's our chance ta do somethin'."

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 3:00 am
"Probably thinks he can get something out of it, am I right?" Pemble muttered to Topshooter. His attention was called back to where Benny and Odd Cat were as the strange cat began to carry her off to the back room. At this point Bottlecap was probably right, he might do something to her but still, the dog refused to believe that it would be anything too bad. 

"I'm pretty sure he's just got a door back there that leads to the alley or something," he quickly said, it wasn't the greatest of excuses but there wasn't much else he could think of. He looked back at Topshooter once again, this time helplessly and looking for some sort of backup to his claim.

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 3:13 am
Topshooter shifted slightly on his feet as Pemble turned his attention to him. He didn't know what to say to the pup's question so he only shrugged in response. He let out a low whine as he heard his brother still insist that they go and help the other cup. In a way, the green cuphead could understand where his sibling was coming from. They couldn't just leave her to some unknown fate, but there was also the fact that they didn't know what they were going to do. If they acted before thinking, it would only make things worse.

However, he also knew that once Bottlecap set his mind to something, it was hard to get him to change it. He was stubborn and this was one of the worst times that he could be. At the canine's suggestion, both brothers looked at him. That excuse wasn't the greatest, but it would make sense. But why the back door when they could have used the front? It didn't make sense at the same time.

"I, um..." Topshooter trailed off, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"Let's at least go 'n spy on 'em and see what they're up ta. If it's anything bad, we'll do somethin' 'bout it, 'kay? If not, we'll leave it alone? Does that seem fair?"

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 3:35 am
The offer didn't sound ideal to him, but it was the only way to find out what the blue-gray tom was going to do with the third cup child. With a sigh of frustration mixed in with disgust, Pemble found himself agreeing to Bottlecap's offer.

"Fine, I guess we could do that..." he mumbled half-heartedly, getting the sudden sinking feeling that things wouldn't be as easy as he was hoping they would be. I should have left without them, Pemble thought to himself for a brief moment.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum