Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: Bottlecap

on Sun May 13, 2018 3:47 am
Pleased that things were going his way, Bottlecap turned and continued his trek after Odd Cat. Topshooter followed after him at a bit of a slower rate. He spotted Velvet and Treats a little ways off, but he turned his gaze away from the two females as he looked back at his brother to keep an eye on him. He had a bad feeling about this. It was a sickening feeling in his stomach that only grew the further down the rabbit hole they went. Whatever was going to happen, it wasn't going to end well.

View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 3:54 am
Pemble regretfully followed behind Topshooter, things were going to turn out badly as he had suspected if that hadn't already been made clear. His eyes caught sight of Treats and Velvet but he didn't have it in him to say something rude or defensive toward the two as they watched him pass by; they both looked worried for the three of them--he couldn't blame them for being so--and some part of him felt sorry for them, and himself.

He might as well be walking into his own death sentence for a crime he didn't commit, and they were the ones to be witnessing it. Finally, the dog broke eye contact and stared forward once again finding it difficult to prepare himself for what would happen next.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun May 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Bottlecap slowly pushed the door to the backroom open, big enough for them to peak inside and see and hear what was going on, but not enough to be noticed. Hopefully. Topshooter leaned over his little brother, looking through the crack fearfully. They were able to see Odd Cat place Benny on the ground, but kept a firm grip on her shoulder to make sure that the red cup wasn't able to flee. Sitting in a chair that appeared to be much to large for him, was what looked to be a puppy with horns. He didn't look very pleased at the child that was standing before him.

View user profile

on Mon May 14, 2018 2:40 am
Fearfully Pemble peeked into the room to see what was going on, so far he felt rather relieved that nothing had happened to the strange cup yet but he kept himself from getting his hopes up too much. He contemplated on trying to convince Bottlecap to leave now that they saw them, but chances were he wanted to stay a little longer to see whether or not she was safe. 

He gulped anxiously, "I don't see why he would want to save someone he doesn't know..." he whispered under his breath.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 am
Benny glared at the dog, narrowing her eyes with disgust. She hated the fact that she had been caught. She knew that this was going to be tricky. She knew very well that this wasn't going to be a walk in the park. The club was the most famous in Inkpool and for good reason, she supposed. The place was loaded and brought in people from all over.

"Care to explain why you decided to try and steal from us?" Akuma questioned, his tail flicking behind him as he waited for the girl's response.

"No."

The demon dog bit back a growl that threatened to come. "You should know we don't take kindly to thieves."

The red cup wasn't going to admit it, but she was scared. What did they do to thieves? She had heard stories about folks that had tried to steal from the Inferno Club. They were never heard from again. Was she about to find out the reason why?

"And what do you do to thieves?" Benny dared to ask, fearing what the answer was going to be.

"Death."

The single word caused her blood to turn as cold as ice. "....Death?"

"Are you as hard as hearing as you are stupid, brat? Yes, death. The mafia doesn't take kindly to people who try to steal from us."

Topshooter's eyes widened as he listened in on what was being said. The green cup was shaking in fear. They were going to kill her? And they were the mafia? This was worse then he first thought. Bottlecap cast Pemble a look that clearly told him that he was right that something bad was going to happen. It was time to step in before they could kill the poor girl.

View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 am
Pemble rolled his eyes slightly as Bottlecap shot him a glance, it wasn't exactly the time to give each other looks that said "I told you so", but it seemed like he wouldn't be able to resist it regardless of the situation.

"You go first, this was your idea." He muttered to the cup. If anything allowing his friend to go first will delay his own death, it was rather low of him but the young dog had never considered himself a hero and normally he'd rather save his own behind first than someone else's.

"Topshooter, you mind going in second?"
Admin
View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 3:03 am
Bottlecap didn't need to be told twice. The young cup had already kicked the door open, literally, and was making his way inside. The startled look on the other three would have been priceless had it not been the fact that the female cup was about to die. Topshooter swallowed fearfully as he followed his brother into the room.

View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 3:53 am
Just as anxious Pemble reluctantly pursued Topshooter, his mean tough kid act had dissipated entirely at this point and all he wanted to do was turn tail and run home.

He looked at Bottlecap expectantly, he would have to make the first move as well but if decided to chicken out he wouldn't necessarily object.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 pm
"Alright ya jerks, time ta back off and leave the gal alone."

Benny's eyes widened in surprise. "Y-You can't be serious..." she began. Why were these kids coming to help her? They didn't even know her!

Akuma didn't look pleased with more children coming into his room and interrupting his business. Yet at the same time, he was amused. Did these children really think they could stop him? How cute that was. "And just who might you be?"

"They were the ones I was telling you about boss," Odd Cat spoke before the kids had the chance. "They were out there gambling for awhile."

View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 6:36 pm
They? They? Pemble couldn't believe that Odd Cat had the nerve to lump him and Topshooter into Bottlecap's actions. This angered him, he didn't want anything to do with the things his friend did and always stayed out of it. Now here he was having to listen to this freakshow include him in someone else's shenanigans.

Steaming the young canine lightly pushed himself past the spunky cup who bravely challenged the two adults. He glared daggers at Odd Cat, not bothering to even acknowledge the presence of Akuma or Benny at this point.

"Listen pal, me and Top weren't gambling. In fact we were trying to leave, now I don't appreciate you spreading lies to your cronies about us," he snarled as he marched up the cat, "you know someone oughta pop you right in that big mouth of yours for shooting it off as much as you do."
Admin
View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 7:11 pm
Topshooter's eyes widened as he watched Pemble stomp right on up to Odd Cat. The green cup let out a whimper at the sight. This wasn't going to end well at all. The puppy was going to make things worse! Bottlecap was grinning at the canine, pleased to see that he was willing to take action too, if only to defend himself and his brother from the lies the feline was going off about. Odd Cat didn't seem fazed at the brave little puppy. He chuckled lightly at it. It was funny to him. Amusing. All of this was.

View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 pm
The feline's laughter was enough to send him over the edge, he was being fully serious and wasn't in the mood to be mocked by anyone; even if he was way taller than him. The pup balled up his fist, trying desperately to refrain from lashing out so he didn't make things worse.

It was a battle that he surely would lose if he didn't focus, but he couldn't exactly help himself this time around. Before he knew it Pemble pulled back his fisf and planted a punch, as hard as he could, right into the grinning cat's gut.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 pm
The pained look that flashed across Odd Cat's face when he was punched, was enough to make Bottlecap burst out laughing. Benny and Topshooter watched, wide-eyed as the grinning feline stumbled back, holding his gut. The blue-gray tom glared at Pemble with hatred. If he was able to stop smiling, he could have been baring his fangs at him in rage. The kid had a good hook on him, even he couldn't deny that. For a kid anyway. The pink suited cat snapped his fingers and the door slammed shut with a loud bang behind them. The green cup shrieked in fear, looking behind him at the door that had been closed. He didn't dare move from his spot however. He was rooted there with sheer terror. They were in for it now alright...

View user profile

on Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 pm
Pemble glanced back at the door as it slammed shut, they sure were in big trouble but he couldn't say it wasn't worth it. As he turned his head back to his opponent, he crossed his arms and looked up at him defiantly. 

"What are ya gonna do ya big fairy?" he smirked slightly, seeing that damn cat reel back in pain was a real confidence booster and the fact that it made him stop laughing at him added on to this sense of cockiness that he was suddenly feeling from all this. 

To an extent he was still scared, after all, these two guys weren't afraid to kill one child three more wouldn't exactly make their hearts break; yet there was a part of him--perhaps too big of a part--that had developed the idea that perhaps the three of them really could take them on, and put up a good fight. It wasn't entirely implausible, Bottlecap and Pemble had the energy and fire for it, Topshooter, however, didn't seem like he was up to the upcoming fight; then again he never really was interested in doing or participating in anything dangerous even if it was to defend his honor. The young dog had admired the cautious nature of him but at the same time cursed it; he was good at keeping out of trouble as long as Bottlecap didn't get in the way, but he was terrible at getting out of it when his brother would get involved somehow.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed May 16, 2018 1:19 am
Odd Cat sneered at him as he stood back up to his full height. He glared down at the puppy as his ears folded back to rest upon his skull. "You're starting to push you're luck, mutt," he growled.

Bottlecap stepped forward, cracking his knuckles with a sneer of his own on his face. A dark glint was in the young cup's eyes as he grinned at the taller feline and demon dog. Benny stepped forward, her weapon drawn, ready to attack if she needed to. Topshooter bit his lip as he timidly came forward. He didn't want to fight, but he couldn't let his two friends do it alone. What sort of friend and brother would he be if he allowed Pemble and Bottlecap to fight alone? Not to mention, the red cup child was also willing to fight for not only her life, but theirs too.

Akuma rose from where he was seated before anything else could happen. He padded forward, glaring at the children with his eyes aglow. "You little pests don't know who you're dealing with," he snarled. "I am Akuma, leader of the mafia. However, I'm a fair dog. We'll play a game. A game of cat and mouse. You run, we chase you. We catch you, you die. Doesn't that sound fun? If my men find you, you will be killed. Do I make myself clear?"

As he spoke, the canine began to grow dark tentacles out from behind him, like they had appeared out of the shadows themselves. His form grew bigger, more monstrous in appearance. He growled at the four kids as he stalked towards them. Topshooter recoiled in terror at the sight, hands over his mouth to keep from screaming. Beside the demonic mutt, Odd Cat came to stand beside him, both looming over the four with malice in their eyes.

"Now, run. Run for your pitiful lives. Best of luck to you. Now, get!"

View user profile

on Wed May 16, 2018 1:52 am
The confident puppy took a step back as Akuma began to transform in front of them, what the hell was he exactly? Regardless of his curiosity, he didn't exactly want to dwell on that subject too long; they were in a very dangerous predicament, and what Odd Cat said was true he was beginning to push his luck, they all were. Without a word, he turned on his heels and started for the door, he paused for a moment with his hand on the knob. 

"Mark my words cat, I'll be coming back to make sure you pay for what you've said," he dared to mutter without looking back at the two villains, "let's go, guys," he opened the door and stood off to the side to allow his friends to pass first. After all, he was the one who made everything escalate to the next level.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 am
Odd Cat twitched his tail behind him as he stared at the pup with an even wider grin on his face. Topshooter made his way towards the door, clearly eager to get out of there as soon as possible. Benny followed after him, placing her hooked cane back in her bag for safe keeping. Bottlecap went next, glaring at the villainous duo as he left the room. The three waited for Pemble to join them.

View user profile

on Wed May 16, 2018 2:24 am
Without looking back Pemble followed the three of them shortly, allowing either the door to close by itself or one of them to close the door. He sighed heavily as he looked at them. 

"I'm sorry you guys, I really lost my temper back there..." he felt disgusted with himself as he said his apology, it was something he didn't like doing and rarely did but this time it needed to be done. If he hadn't of lost his head maybe they would have made it out without having to go through this "life and death game" that was dumped on them now. He looked at Benny, in all reality he wanted to blame the majority of it on her but it wasn't like she made Bottlecap go and save her. 

"What were you doing here in the first place?" He decided to ask, he already knew the gist of it but there had to be more to it than just her wanting to steal from the club for the hell of it.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 am
Benny leaned up against the wall as she looked at the other two cups. She had seen them a few times when she was around along with the dog, but she never bothered to say anything to them. She still couldn't believe that they would come to her aid like that. Why? What drove them to come and help her? They didn't know her at all. To them, she was but a stranger. Why risk their lives for her? She looked over at the puppy as he came out, the door closing behind him most likely do to Odd Cat's weird powers. The green cup fidgeted slightly in place, a panicked expression on his face as he looked around paranoid. The purple cup shrugged at Pemble's words. He didn't blame him for it at all. It wasn't his fault that he lost his temper. Bottlecap would have done the same if the cat had pushed his buttons like he had his.

"I was stealing," the red cup replied like it was no big deal. Her tone of voice had a slight edge to it as she spoke. "I got dared to rub this place from some other thieves. I wanted to prove them wrong. What I want to know is, why would you three bother helping me? You're in this mess now because of me. Why bother to help someone you don't even know?"

View user profile

on Wed May 16, 2018 3:20 am
Once again Pemble found himself crossing his arms defensively, she didn't know the story of why they were there to help her but that didn't stop him from wanting to snap at her for assuming that he and Topshooter wanted anything to do with that hare-brained scheme. 

"Why don't you ask Bottlecap, he's the one who's got a crush on you, I didn't have anything to do with it and didn't want anything to do with it," he grumbled looking off to the side, "not like it's that big of a deal that we helped you out." 

Not wanting to be left in such an awkward position the canine moved to exit the club, he no longer wanted to be in there after what happened and he had received the information he wanted from the newcomer in their small group. Admittedly, he didn't feel like he should be the one explaining it, to begin with, he would have just left her there to her own fate if his friend hadn't managed to convince him that they should help her out. 

"I'll be outside." He added before he continued to make a small escape from the dreaded place.
Admin
View user profile

on Thu May 17, 2018 12:09 am
"I do not have a crush on her!" Bottlecap protested crossly as Pemble made his way out of the building.

Topshooter followed after the puppy, glad that they were finally leaving the club. He gulped as he thought of what Beaker and Chalice were going to say. They were sure to be upset with him and his brother for coming to the Inferno Club. They had been told to stay away from it for a good reason. Now he knew why. It was run by the mafia. Did their grandparents have something to do with it? Could that be the reason they were warned to stay away?

Benny watched the two leave before her attention turned to the remaining cup. "What's this about a crush?" she questioned, a teasing tone in her voice.

"I don't have a crush on ya, okay? I just wanted ta help ya out is all."

The red cup snorted, crossing her own arms. "I could have handled it myself."

"Certainly looked like it."

"Shut it. C'mon, let's get out of here before more trouble happens."

That all said and done, the last two children left the club.

View user profile

on Thu May 17, 2018 12:47 am
"It's about time you showed up, wait, don't tell me she's going to tag along." Pemble pointed at Benny as she emerged from the club along with Bottlecap. He had never been fond of new people and that wasn't about to change now that they had saved her life.

The pup couldn't help but roll his eyes at the fact that the purple cup would just drag her along anyway, if she refused. Though it seemed that there was a chance that she wouldn't, judging from what she said in the club she already had a group that she was hanging out with.
Admin
View user profile

on Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am
Benny rose an eyebrow at the puppy's remark. "What? Don't want me to tag along with you? Is this a boy's only club?"

"N-No..." Topshooter spoke, shaking his head. "Pemble isn't v-very... accepting of strangers."

"I see."

The female cup had no intentions of sticking around with the three friends. They might have saved her life and while she was grateful that they did, she had her own agenda. She had to find her missing friends. Though she had a sinking feeling something bad happened to them. One that had to do with the club behind her. Whatever the reason, Benny knew that she wouldn't be able to finish her goals if she stuck around the boys. The four of them might have been wanted criminals by the mafia, but she'd rather stick to herself rather than tag along with a group. Screw safety in numbers.

"Well, he doesn't have to get his tail twisted in a knot. I have no intentions to stick around with you lot," she continued as she began to walk away from the trio. "I got my own plans. Maybe our paths will cross again. Maybe they won't. Best of luck to you."

View user profile

on Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 am
He couldn't help but snort at her smart remark like she had a better attitude than his or better morals. It was almost laughable. 

"Talk about frigid, if anyone is uptight it's her," Pemble mumbled to Topshooter, he knew the timid cup wouldn't agree but he felt like he was the only one he could talk to sometimes. Bottlecap would be the one more than likely to agree with such things and join in on poking fun at someone, but he just couldn't bring himself to get along with him well enough to even hold a simple and civilized conversation; he wasn't even sure if the cup was attentive enough to have a normal conversation with anyone.
Admin
View user profile

on Sat May 19, 2018 4:42 am
The green cup frowned at Pemble's words. He knew he was just messing around but it was still rather mean to say. He watched as Benny disappeared, leaving the three friends alone once more. Topshooter turned his attention towards his brother. Now that Bottlecap had gotten them into trouble, what was he going to do now? The elder sibling thought the better idea would be to go home and alert Beaker and Chalice of what was going on. He didn't know if their grandparents could do anything about the situation they were in, but it was better than nothing. None of them knew how long it would be until Akuma's men came after them. It was best to have some sort of plan for when that happened instead of winging it.

He was relieved when he saw the purple cup begin to head towards their home. He began to follow his younger brother, glancing back to see if the puppy was going to come along or if he was going to do his own thing until they met up again? The three of them were in this mess together so there was no doubt in Topshooter's mind that Pemble would be joining them in whatever their plan was. He wondered if they'd run into Benny again too, since she was also in the same boat as them. Time would only tell for that though. He hoped she was okay, wherever it was she was going.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum