Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: I'm going to change this title so many times, that you're going to get so sick of it that you're going to hate it when you hear me typing for no reason the next time we're in a call

on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 am
The bat paused to take that into consideration. After a moment or two of silence, Treats sighed. "Fine," she agreed. "I was thinking about Velvet and Odd Cat."

View user profile

Re: I'm going to change this title so many times, that you're going to get so sick of it that you're going to hate it when you hear me typing for no reason the next time we're in a call

on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:54 am
Her words surprised him, that was something that he certainly wouldn't have guessed. It was weird that she'd be thinking about the two of them, and it kind of upset him a little bit as he thought of the possibilities that must have gone through her mind when thinking about Velvet and Odd Cat. 

"You don't mean you think...no, you couldn't possibly mean that. Velvet doesn't like anyone, romantically. I'm not even sure if that woman even feels physical attraction..." his words trailed off as he too began to think about the two of them, Odd Cat had more persistence than he did when it came to the white she-cat so it was a possibility that perhaps she would surely feel a little something toward the two. 

That thought upset him even more, that couldn't possibly be true but it was still a rather irritating thought. 

"There's no way she'd go for that sleazy jackass, right? I mean she's got more class than that, and he even scares her. She told me so, so how could you even think that?" He felt like he was asking himself that question rather than asking Treats that question, but regardless it was still directed at the bat and it was clear that he was bothered about the conclusions the two of them were drawing.

View user profile

on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:52 am
Treats exchanged a glance with Trix as the duo listened to Binx speak. The bat grew a little uncomfortable with the way the orange-and-white tom was acting, but she could understand it all the same. The feline was a flirty and had a way with the ladies in the similar way that Odd Cat did. In a way, the two toms were like rivals to each other.

"Well..." She paused for a moment. She needed to choice her words carefully. "You know how Odd Cat can be. He can get people to do what he wants. I don't think he'd do anything to harm Velvet, but... I've seen the way he looks at her. She doesn't like him like that, but there's that small 'what if' type of deal."

View user profile

on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:12 pm
"Well I won't let that happen, he doesn't deserve her and if she doesn't fall for him I still make sure that doesn't happen. Ugh, what a weasel." He mumbled the last part to himself quietly.

Binx wasn't exactly too sure how he'd get to Velvet first, she didn't respond to anything he has tried yet but if he wanted to be sure that he got with her instead of Odd Cat he'd have to be clever, and in times like this that wouldn't be too difficult. Perhaps he should befriend her first, show her that he wasn't just talking to her for one thing only.

Yet there was still a problem even with that if his boss was as determined as he's always been then he'd be liable to get rid of any competition. He'd have to pick and choose the perfect times to speak with her.

"Do you know if she's alone outside?"
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:39 am
Treats twitched her ear at the orange-and-white cat's words. She couldn't help the small smile that formed. Binx really did have a rival in Odd Cat. Not that she was surprised by that in any way. The bat nodded to Trix and the shadow headed off to see. After a few moments, he came back and reported to his friend.

"She's talking with him right now."

View user profile

on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 pm
Alarm shot through him upon hearing those words, he couldn't have possibly already been there talking to her right now. She just barely got out there, and he was bound to have some work to do. 

"You're not just trying to get my goat are you?" he fretted, hoping that she and her shadow friend weren't being serious about this. If anything it was likely that they weren't, they weren't exactly close enough to be messing around with each other like this, especially since they hated each other before and probably still do somewhat.

View user profile

on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 pm
The young bat shook her head. Sure she and Binx weren't on good terms with each other, but they seemed to be getting along for the moment. Because of that, she had no reason to lie to the orange-and-white feline.

View user profile

on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 am
Not wanting to believe her Binx went to go look for himself, he poked his head out from backstage and sure enough there the two of them were. Velvet with her usual look of unease and Odd Cat speaking to her casually. The orange-and-white tom's fur bristled at the sight, but he was impressed slightly; he might not like his boss but he had to admit he moved quickly and that was admirable to others like himself. 

"Damn..." he hissed quietly, his ears laying flat against his head as he watched the scene. It looked like he would have to wait for another time to try and speak with the she-cat until then he could at least listen in on their conversation. 

Velvet didn't seem too aware that she and Odd Cat were being eavesdropped on, she was more focused on the fact that her day did indeed get worse when she thought it possibly couldn't. 

"I don't mean to sound rude, but don't you have work to do sir?"

View user profile

on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:02 pm
Around this time, Bea made her way into the club. The music note clocked in as she made her way towards the stage, spotting Odd Cat, Velvet, and Binx by one of the tables close by. Curiosity gripped her like claws as she made her way over to see what was going on. She just barely caught the last part of what the orange-and-white feline said to the blue-gray one. It was no secret to her neither that the two toms liked the she-cat.

"Hey, guys, boss!"

Her call saved the pink suited feline an answer to the other cat's question. Odd Cat turned his piercing yellow eyes on the young teen as she approached them.

"About time you showed up."

Treats poked her head out from backstage, beaming as she spotted her friend. "Hey, Bea!"

The music note perked up, waving happily at the younger bat. "Hey, Treats, Trix!"

View user profile

on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 am
While Odd Cat was distracted, Velvet took this opportunity to sneak over to a different table a little bit further away from the stage. She didn't have to worry about Binx and Treats fighting any longer, from the sounds of things they both calmed down and the two of them were distracted by the presence of others. 

This time she would at least have time to herself, and that was all she was asking for. Though she was starting to feel bad she hadn't done much today besides worry and try to help those kids, nothing was really happening and no one was apparently expecting much. It was sort of nice to have kind of a day off for a change. 

"If only it were quiet in here though..." she whispered to herself, a slight scowl on her face as she thought about it.

View user profile

on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:51 am
Not long after the music note had entered the Inferno Club, did Misty. The black-and-white she-cat made her way over to where she saw everyone gathered. She wondered what was going on. Treats and Bea waved in greeting at the newcomer and she returned the wave. She spotted Velvet sitting at a table all by herself, looking rather annoyed by something or someone. She wondered what that was about, but she didn't voice her thoughts for the time being. She didn't want to upset the other she-cat anymore than she already appeared to be.

View user profile

on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:38 am
The white feline looked up when she felt someone staring at her, for her own sake she hoped it wasn't who she thought it was and her prayers were answered. It was Misty, and the sight of a friendly face made her relax slightly; not wanting to offend the other cat Velvet smiled at her and waved at her, no doubt she was a bit concerned by the look she had before she looked at her.

View user profile

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm
The younger feline smiled and returned the wave that her friend gave her. It was nice to see the white she-cat perk up a bit than she was a few minutes ago. She made her way over to Velvet to see how she was doing. "How are you today?" Misty asked once she was within better ear-shot of her.

View user profile

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:33 am
Velvet sighed quietly, she didn't really want to burden Misty with all the things that had happened before she showed up. She found it rather rude to just dump all one's problems onto someone else when they hadn't even asked about it. After giving it some thought she just smiled again. 

"I'm doing fine thanks, and how are you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't before long before Gustav and Winslow had to be on their way again, this time Beverly had joined them insistent on going just in case they needed an extra hand and the only other thing being different being that they didn't have to carry those damn cases anymore. York would be delivering them later on, although that usually wasn't the best idea given his reputation for being somewhat of a nervous wreck he was the one they all counted on to run errands. 

"So where is it that we're going again?" Winslow piped up as they continued down the path, it seemed he had already forgotten where this act of business was taking place. It was a wonder how the skunk was able to make so many sales when he acted like he lived under a rock for the majority of the time. 

"Perhaps if you paid a little bit more attention you wouldn't be so confused all the time, though I don't suspect you have very much left brain cells left. It's a pity I can't put you out of your misery..." Gustav commented, not even bothering to answer his unwanted partner's question. Beverly shot the two of them a sideward glance and somewhat of a small smile, she found it somewhat amusing whenever they bickered like this; partially the reason why she would occasionally join them on trips like this even though she could hear that back at The Silver Spoon, but it wasn't going to be very busy there for a while so the two would most likely avoid each other as much as possible during their upkeeping tasks. 

"Now gentleman, we're almost there and we wouldn't want to make a bad impression on our potential buyers now would we? A bit unprofessional for us to seem unorganized, and disgruntled in my opinion.

"With you here I don't think we have to worry too much about that, you're a walking distraction so we could tell them we're a couple of flatfoots and they wouldn't bat an eye."

Gustav rolled his eyes at the banter between Winslow and their boss, it was rather baffling to him that the skunk even thought for one second that she was interested with him when she had the same flirtatious tone every time she opened her mouth. No one could ever tell what the true meaning behind her words was, but it seemed that she preferred to keep it that way as if it was some sort of game. Eventually, they had arrived at their destination. The Inferno Club, of course, no one had still bothered to tell Winslow who looked a little confused upon seeing the club; then again why should they have told him? It was pretty popular and naturally, everyone would know about it. 

"This it? Never heard of this place, then again the drinks probably aren't worth a damn so I guess that's why " he commented as they stepped inside, but no one had bothered to even pay attention to what he was saying. Already they were looking around to see who exactly the buyer was going to be, and not wanting to be left out Winslow joined in looking around with them as well. It wasn't before long he had spotted Velvet and Misty together at one of the tables, and while he suspected neither one of them were the owner of this establishment there was good chance he could offer either one a job and talk them into taking it. With a smug grin, he broke away from his two companions to start with his plans. 

"Excuse me for intruding, but may I ask if you are the owner of this...quaint little place you have here?" he proceeded to ask, he hadn't really meant to ask one of them in particular but his eyes had landed on Velvet as he spoke, giving off the impression that he was only interested in conversing with her. 

"Ah, no you would have to speak to-" she began to speak, but was soon cut off by the newcomer. 

"Strange, you seem to have such a presence about you, I suppose it's an easy mistake to make when it comes to meeting a fine lady such as yourself. I have forgotten my manners though; allow me to introduce myself: The name's Winslow Atkinson, someone who's been looking for a person like you. May I sit down?" He wasn't too crazy about his delivery but those were never his strong points when it came to this kind of stuff, but if he was able to make it to his selling point without being interrupted by Gustav or Beverly who would eventually catch on to the fact that he seemed to have other plans he would have either of the two felines working for The Silver Spoon in a heartbeat. 

"Thanks, and I suppose you could sit down..." Velvet replied, feeling a little bit uneasy about this stranger but she had to admit his lack of derogatory remarks wasn't enough for her to completely blow him off. In fact, it was a bit flattering the way he spoke to her, and there was a certain sense of intrigue that followed. "I'm Velvet, and this is my friend Misty."

"Already making friends are we?" Beverly butted in before Winslow could continue on with his little scheme, causing him to jump a little at the sudden sound of her voice. "She's not the one we need to be talking to, honey."

View user profile

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:57 am
Misty waited patiently for a reply from her friend. She hoped she hadn't bothered her any more than she already was. Though she knew that the white she-cat couldn't snap at her. It was rare and one had to really push the white feline's button's for that to happen. However, before she could offer a reply, three strangers entered the club. The black-and-white cat watched as one of them broke away, making his way towards them. He was a skunk and already made the feline uneasy.

She watched as the other took a seat at the table as he spoke to Velvet. She remained silent as the two of them talked. She only offered a wave when her friend introduced her to the male. Another female cat stepped in not long after, putting a stop to whatever Winslow had in mind for them. Even Treats and Bea looked over, watching the newcomers curiously. They had no idea who these folks were neither.

Odd Cat stood up from his spot at the table he had been sitting at before Velvet moved to her current one. He knew who these people were. It was a surprise to see them at the Inferno Club. It was rare that they showed up here, but when they did, it was normally to talk about business. The blue-gray tom fixed his bowtie before he stepped towards the other mafia members.

"I believe you're looking to speak with me?" the pink-suited cat questioned.

View user profile

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:06 am
Beverly turned around at the sound of someone else's voice, though she had only turned part ways giving him a one-sided glance to make sure it wasn't anyone who really wasn't worth their time during this deal. Upon seeing who it was, a slight smile crept across her face slightly she had recognized him from previous deals she had made herself before Winslow had joined their crew. Needless to say, she was a bit glad that he joined even if he was a bit too chatty and schemed a little too much but the skunk had a better way with words and his deception came in handy when they needed a bit more money or were simply trying to get out of a small scrape. 

"Why yes, I believe that it is you, Winslow sweetheart if you don't mind leaving the poor lady alone for a moment we still have some business to attend to." Beverly said cooly, her green gaze switching back over to her employee. 

The skunk had turned around by now to face who he was supposed to be talking to, his face screwed up a little at the sight of them. This was who he was supposed to be making a deal with? That had to be a joke, but it appeared that it wasn't. Typically in his time as a salesman and crook, he had never had to speak or meet face to face with such a crazy looking character, who had a general presence that made him feel as if he wasn't to be trusted with even something as small as a coin purse. 

"Uh, why don't ya get Torchy here to do it, it looks like he'd get along with this joker." Winslow whispered to his boss, who only glanced at their gunman causing the silver fox to turn his attention toward the two of them and give them one of his classic hard stares. 

"Gustav looks about a few seconds away from killing everyone in here, not your best idea I should say..."

The skunk looked over at him, and he had to admit that the feline had a point but then again he always looked like he was about to go off the deep end and shoot a few people, "Well actually I'd only want him to kill that guy specifically, y'know? I got a bad feeling about this cat..."

View user profile

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:59 am
Odd Cat didn't seem to mind that they were mistrusting of him. He could see it in their eyes. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together and he was one of the smartest people around. A lot of folks around Inkpool were. It was nothing new. He was used to it. It had been that way since he and Chesh appeared on the island seemingly out of nowhere one day. The tall feline cleared his throat to get their attention, his tail sweeping across the ground behind him.

"Shall we go and speak about things in private?"

Misty looked at Velvet as Odd Cat spoke with the newcomers. She had a bad feeling about what was going on. Something about this didn't sit right with her, but she didn't voice it out loud. Treats and Bea shrugged when the black-and-white she-cat turned to them before she looked back at her boss and the other three.

View user profile

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:27 am
"Haha, I think I'd prefer staying out here if ya don't mind, kind of used to a lot of company rather than just one on one." Winslow laughed a little nervously, after seeing Odd Cat he sure as hell didn't want to go through any of this, this guy was probably a bigger scam artist than he was and who knew what would happen if they made this deal alone. There was a chance that he would be cheated out of some money on this deal, and that was something he couldn't afford. Even though the Cervinos hired him on he was still walking a very line with them, and if something went wrong it would be pegged as his fault alone. 

"It's so nice of you to waste everyone's time like this. If you don't mind I would rather enjoy getting out of here as quickly as possible, I have enough of a headache already." Gustav piped up.

View user profile

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 am
The tall cat rolled his eyes. Was the skunk stupid? He meant for all three of them to go someplace more private with him. This sort of thing didn't need to be heard by the other workers in the club or the people who came to enjoy it. Odd Cat could see the reason why he had never seen Winslow out here to strike a deal before. "I meant all four of us go," he replied. "Speaking publicly like this wouldn't be good for business." One of them had to understand that. They were part of a mafia gang too after all.

View user profile

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:12 pm
Beverly couldn't help but feel embarrassed with the way Winslow was acting right now, this wasn't like him and he knew to go to talk in private was standard procedure but he was acting as if this were some sort of death sentence. Her face heated up from the embarrassment and frustration as he continued with his strange behavior, she hated to look bad in front of others and more or less make the Cervinos look bad through the unethical actions of her employees. 

"I am terribly sorry for this minor inconvenience, I'll have this sorted out shortly," the white feline said with an apologetic smile as she grabbed a hold of Winslow's arm, she apologized again before looking sternly at the worried looking skunk and started pulling him away from the situation. She motioned for Gustav to follow the two of them, to one of the far ends of the club. "Do you mind telling me what the hell your problem is?

"I don't trust him, I have a feeling something is going to go wrong with this deal and I can't afford that. Don Vittorio is bound to know about this, and if he finds even one penny is missing I'm going to be history!" Winslow choked out, looking over his boss's shoulder at their buyer once more; it wasn't the fact that he was insane looking, but the fact that in the end his fate was held in that crazy tom's paws. How things played out would determine that. 

His words had only made her narrow her eyes at him, all sense of her cool demeanor was slipping away quickly and that was easy to tell. Not to imply that she doesn't have patience, but when someone was making a fool out of her--even if unintentional--it was enough to make it wear thin within a matter of a few seconds. Beverly looked over at Gustav, and with another subtle motion of her paw he made a move; it happened rather quickly leaving Winslow no time to react, and making his head spin with confusion and a genuine sense of terror. Here he was now, drawn closer to the silver fox by the grip he had on his tie, his eyes staring up at the barrel of the enforcer's gun that pressed against his forehead. The salesman's wide gaze shot from Beverly's impatient face to Gustav's eyes that blazed with murderous intent. 

"Vittorio won't be the one you have to worry about, so unless you want our friend here to paint the walls and floors with your brains I suggest you continue on with this deal. I have no problem with having him kill you in public, right here, but I must say it's going to cause me a bit of grief to have to search for another gin runner and I'm sure you don't want to die right now just as I wouldn't want to hunt for a new employee. So do us both a favor and do your damn job!" Beverly hissed, allowing Gustav to release his grip on Winslow and stand down. Threatening him again, or actually killing him wouldn't be necessary now for if there was one thing the skunk valued more than the money it would be his life. 

Without another word to the two of them, Winslow slunk away back into the direction of Odd Cat, shooting them a fearful glance before he continued on his way. The white she-cat watched him go for a little bit before shooting Gustav a proud smile before she too started making her way back to where they had unfinished business. The black looking fox followed shortly after, feeling rather proud himself though he had wished that he would have killed the poor bastard, he at least settled for the satisfaction he got from threatening his life. 

"Okay, where can we go to talk?" Winslow asked as he once again stood in front of the blue-gray tomcat.

View user profile

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:25 am
Odd Cat watched as the white she-cat pulled Winslow off to the side, the silver fox following upon being waved over. From the way that Beverly acted, he guessed that she was telling him off, even though he couldn't hear what was being said from across the other end of the building. His tail flicked behind him as he waited for the trio to finish up. His trained eyes saw the vulpine pull a gun out and place it against the skunk's head. He was no stronger to the sight, being a part of the mafia had him dealing with pulling guns on others all the time. If the fox for whatever reason pulled the trigger and killed him, he wouldn't even bat an eye.

Treats watched as the newcomers walked off to talk to each other. Bea was standing beside her, watching the strangers talk. Trix appeared from behind the younger bat, yellow eyes keeping a close watching on the three other mafia members. Misty's ear twitched as she turned her blue eyes to Velvet, tail flicking nervously behind her. Before anything could be said, however, the three came back once they had finished their little chat.

The taller feline watched as the trio came back. His tail swayed behind him as he calmly nodded towards the back. "Right back there." It was out of sight and out of mind as the saying went. He turned his yellow eyes on his workers as they all stood around doing nothing. He didn't want any of them to stick around to spy on them. "You lot, get to work. We have a business to run. That can't happen with you all lazing about."

"Yes, sir!" Bea exclaimed as she grabbed Treats' hand, dragging the bat off to the backstage so she could help her get ready for shows.

Misty swallowed as she went to the kitchen to help the waiters and waitresses serve food since they were down a couple due to reasons. Normally the black-and-white she-cat would be on stage as a backup singer, but the shows seemed to carry on fine without her. She considered asking Odd Cat if she could switch jobs, but she was much too shy and scared to speak to him alone. She didn't want to ask anyone else for fear that she would be bothering them in some way.

After the others had gotten back to their duties, the blue-gray feline nodded in approval. He turned before he began to lead the way to the back to talk about business. He didn't think he needed to involve Akuma in it. The demon dog hardly ever left his office, to begin with, unless he really needed to. Odd Cat had dealt with deals and other things of the like a lot more then he did. This time would be no different.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum