Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing Games

2 posters

:: Original

Go down

Killing Games Empty Killing Games

Post by Miles Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 pm

You sit strapped to a chair, unable to move your limbs. Unable to break free.

In front of you is a figure, leaning against the wall. A hood covers their face, thick and black; you can't make out their expression, their facial features, nothing.

"Greetings. You may refer to me as Mr. Kang."

Upon hearing the voice, you're able to discern that it's male. You tighten your fists, straining slightly against the restraints holding you captive in the steely chair, its cold metal pressed hard against your skin.

"You're here today because you agreed to slay beast in the arena in exchange for your freedom, and for your past crimes to be erased off of your record. To rejoin society, to gain a place back in the regularity of reality. Correct?"

You say nothing; the gag in your mouth prevents you from releasing any comprehensible sound.

"Well, I'm here to tell you a little secret. You, my friend, are the one I have chosen to place a bet on. You will be my champion. How, you might be thinking?" The voice trails off, and when Mr. Kang speaks again, you can tell he's smiling. "This arena contains beasts, marked as your enemies. That is true; they're terrible beasts, horrible monsters. But they aren't the worst beasts you'll face in that death ring, no. The real beasts, the real challenges... are the other players," he says, growling slightly at the end.

Your mind begins to reel at his words, allowing what he's said to truly sink in within your head. "Yes, that's right. You don't just have to kill the beasts; you have to kill everyone around you as well. Now, you might be wondering why I'm telling you this. I already told you; you're my champion, the sole player I've chosen to bet on. You are the only one who has this knowledge. I implore you, use it wisely. Anything goes in this area; befriend the other players, make alliances, romance them if necessary. Do whatever you must to lower their defenses. And once the iron is hot," he pauses, then continues with a voice full of malice, "strike them down, and eliminate your competition. Do that, and you'll have your freedom." You move against your restraints, your muscles aching from the constant pressure applied on them.

"Happy hunting, my champion." With those words, Mr. Kang exits the room through a side door that slides open, and closes with a loud beeping noise after he passes through.

Ten minutes later, the restraints around you release and you spring to your feet, your eyes scanning your surroundings. The room is in near complete darkness, and you can't make out any distinct figures. The door has completely disappeared, leaving you trapped within the darkened box. After a few moments, a light appears in the upper left corner of the room, right ahead of you - you approach it, standing under it and peering up. Whether the light source is natural or artificial, you cannot tell; you squint your eyes against the brightness, and are just about to back away when it happens. The floor below you swiftly elevates, thrusting you into the bright light.

Once your eyes have adjusted, you look around you and are met with the sight of a large arena. The area in front of you holds a large lake, the sunlight blinding as it reflects off of the waters. To your left, there is an area that is reminiscent of the desert, to your right a snowy tundra, and behind you a forest filled with thick foliage and tall trees can be seen. However, you don't focus on these areas too long; your eyes are drawn to the group of people standing around you, their eyes following a similar path. Your fellow players, fellow hunters.

Fellow enemies.

In the distance, footfalls can be heard, and your mind goes to one thing: monsters. Where they are for sure is indiscernible, but they're there.

You take a deep breath, and spiral into madness.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Killing Games Empty Re: Killing Games

Post by Hazel Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 am

This idea is so fucking ice dude.
Hazel
Hazel
Leader

Back to top Go down

Killing Games Empty Re: Killing Games