Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood War (Human Version)

3 posters

:: Original

Go down

Blood War (Human Version) Empty Blood War (Human Version)

Post by Miles Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 pm

In a world filled with six nations of ninjas, there seems to be peace. Although that's only what it seems like. To the general public, one village is stable but too high officials and powerful political heads, it's slowly beginning to crumble. Tensions are thick and rising, although now between the six great nations and it's surrounding smaller nations. And as such the rigor that academy students are put through has grown more and more in an attempt to train young upcoming shinobi in the art of combat and killing to aid in their future endeavors. Although something much darker seems to be happening. The Rīdā has been acting rather strange recently, sending shinobi on rather unorthodox missions. And people are beginning to wonder if he can effectively perform his role as Rīdā.

A war is coming soon. A war of blood and death.

In this world of shinobi, one thing is constant: power leads to great respect or great leverage over others. The exams is a time where young ninja, Genin, can ascend to the rank of Chuunin. Villages from all over, no matter how low can send representatives, in this case, teams to take part in the tests to see if they're ready to become a full ninja. When the fog lifts and the exams start, we will truly see who ends out on top. But darkness looms around this year’s exams, an unknown evil approaches.

Ranks:
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Blood War (Human Version) Empty Re: Blood War (Human Version)

Post by Miles Fri May 03, 2019 3:20 pm

A small orange blur raced through the forest of the village he called home. The being in question was a small orange-and-white furred fox with dazzling green eyes and more than a single tail like most vulpine had. He had two tails, but that would change once he grew older. He was a kitsune, a magical fox that would grow more tails every one-hundred years. He was born with two tails, a rare thing for his kind.

Once the sun finally set, it was a time of peace for the vulpine. A time where he could be himself with little worry of the people in the village spotting him. He knew that if they saw him, they would kill him in an instant. The villagers didn’t like his kind. When he was younger, they had killed his parents due to them being too powerful, and the people feared them. So they struck them down, believing they had also killed their child.

They were wrong. If only they knew that the child of Rimasu and Rineka was still alive, hiding in plain sight. He supposed that was for the best. If they knew he was still alive, they would hunt him. They wouldn’t stop until they struck him down like they had to his parents.

He knew that some people in the village was highly suspicious of him. He had shown up out of nowhere after his mother and father had been killed. The timing was a little too planned out, but then, so was the arrival of his best friend, Tidus. He did not understand where the older boy came from, but from the strange scent he had, he knew it wasn’t from around here. The blond-haired boy was a mystery and that interested him.

In a strange way, he felt a kinship with the newcomer. He was without parents too, forced to live by himself with no one to take care of him. It was a strange sight to the fox that no one had even bothered to put the kid in an orphanage, but he supposed it was because they were also suspicious of him too. His timing to this world came too soon after the death of the two powerful foxes.

Yet, that worked out just fine for the two of them. Tidus was able to get a house right next to his own. The two were neighbors as well as best friends. They did everything together. It was a strange sight to see one without the other, that was how close they were. Even now it felt strange being on his own without his friend by his side. But as much as he trusted Tidus, he wasn’t sure if he could tell him about his deepest, darkest secret. At least, not yet.

The kitsune turned his gaze to see that the sun was coming up. He cursed, realizing he had been out for the whole night. That meant another day of being tired, but nothing the vulpine wasn’t already used to. He hid it well, all things considered. He raced back towards his home, feeling the cool night air against his fur. It brought a smile to his face. It made him feel free. Like he had no worries in the world.

Too bad that wasn’t the case. But it helped give him a peace of mind, if only for a little while. As he reached his home, he looked around to make sure there wasn’t another around before he shifted back to his human form. He slipped out of the thick woodland, acting as though nothing had happened, before he ducked back inside his house, awaiting the start of the day.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EverLuxion Sat May 04, 2019 2:36 pm

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday dear-"

Blue eyes snapped wide awake and his breath caught in his throat, arresting all breath as his attention stayed latched. Slowly, his chest rose up and down, up and down, repeating the motion for what felt like an eternity as he could only lay there and stare at the above. Hesitantly, he reached out with his hand and gripped where his heart was. He could feel it race against his fingers, telling him that he was still alive and this was all real... even when a dark part of him wanted to questioned how.

Gradually, his eyes slowly made their way from the ceiling and towards the window to take in the sight of the dim light flitting through the window, and much to his relief, that told him that it was time to rise and start the coming day. It was an opportunity he instantly snatched.

Walking towards the kitchen area with his hand in his hair and his stomach gripping where his stomach was, his mind started to drift.

Already it's been weeks since his arrival to this world, and yet he was still unsure how he got here. Actually, the whole 'I'm still alive' thing is what bothered him the most. It's not that he wasn't grateful, but the confusion that he held was stronger than any emotion he should have been feeling. But who wouldn't feel the same way? After Yuna's journey was finished, his came to an end as well, in more ways than one, so why did he have the opportunity to come back? Why did his god give him another chance at life if it wasn't in the same location he had been present in? Why this world? And why in general? Hell, he wasn't even sure how long it's been since he had died. Was he taken to the future? The past? Or just another world entirely? And what if it wasn't his 'god's doing at all? What if it was another person's doing?

There was too many questions racing through his head- too many theories and not enough answers, and Tidus really disliked having to figure things out for himself when practically given nothing. He was never fan of puzzles. 'If I am back... does that mean I'm needed for this world? That's how it happened in the other world, yeah?' He thought with his shoulders slumping as he grabbed a bag of his chips from the pantry. 'Yeah...Yeah that's gotta be it, because Rie is here.' Well... he wasn't sure if Rie was the one he needed to help, but... that's how it worked in the other world, right? He woke up in a strange place he wasn't at all familiar with, met Yuna, and that's how things rolled; the reason he had been there was to help her save that world. So... surely it's the same here, right? But at the same time, he wasn't too sure. With Yuna, his task of what he needed to do was quick to roll forward in a matter of less than a week. But here... But here it's been weeks and he wasn't so sure of his fate anymore. But he knew one thing: be it a reasoning for being in this world or not, at least he had Rie. The two have practically been together since he awoke from the get go, and Tidus was 100% positive that he didn't' want to think of any sort of 'end-of-the-world' scenario when it came to the world Rie lived in.

Quickly, he shook his head and made his way towards the entryway of his house.

Because the two had lived so close together, Tidus could just walk out and end up at Rie's front door in less than a minute, so because he was one for opportunity: that's exactly what he did. Just walking out in baggy black shorts that stopped at his knees, his black boot/sandals, and a white t-shirt, he made his way to his friend's house and knocked on the door while he rocked on his heels. He'd figure it wouldn't take himself long to get dressed anyway so why not drop by and see how he was doing? Plus he brought food! And... it as well would put a stop to his run-away thoughts. "Riiiiieeee, are you up yet?" he called through the door as he bounced on his heels.
EverLuxion
EverLuxion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Sat May 04, 2019 4:37 pm

It couldn't have been less than five minutes he got back to the house that there was a knock on his door. Rie felt himself tense up at hearing the tapping outside. Had someone seen him? No, if they had, there would be shouting, heated banging on the door that would be loud enough to wake the whole village.

But, no. This knocking was strand. A normal knock and nothing more. He was given peace of mind once he heard the voice of his friend call out to him, wondering if he was awake yet or still fast asleep. Upon hearing Tidus' voice, he felt his body relax. Thank Inari it was only his best friend.

"Yeah, give me a second!" he called back to the blonde-haired boy that was standing outside.

The preteen had been busy cleaning up around the house while he still had time before he'd have to go to the academy to see what team he would be placed on to train as a proper Genin under a Jounin teacher. He hoped he'd be placed on the same team as his friend, but that remained to be seen until later.

After making sure that the house was free from evidence that he'd been out all night, Rie was pleased. He then went to the door, opening it up to see Tidus standing there with food in his hands. The orange-haired boy smiled brightly at the elder one.

"Mornin', Tidus. What's got you up so early? It's not like you to be up before the sun is." There was a playful tease in the disguised fox's tone as he spoke to his friend. But he was sure that Tidus already knew that. The boy moved aside, allowing him to enter the house.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EverLuxion Sun May 05, 2019 12:18 pm

The blonde wouldn't have pouted if it hadn't been true. Yet, knowing Rie, he had a feeling the playful pout was already evident enough when the boy whined softly and walked inside with a wave of his hand. "Eh, decided to give the whole 'early bird catches the worm' sort of gist a try," he casually lied and continued to walk ahead.

Well. perhaps it wasn't all the way casual. He did feel a sting of guilt because of it, but he honestly didn't want to bring up his problems right and now when it was so early in the day. Or... at all- if he had the choice to keep things under wraps.

"But... why are you up? Well...no..perhaps that was the wrong thing to say," Tidus took another bite of the chip between his fingers and spun on his heel to meet eyes with the other. "Where were you last night? I mean, like... I sort of uhh...went to your house last night to ask ya what we had to do today, but I didn't notice the time until then I stumbled back into my house. Yeahh...I..sort of woke up in the middle of night out of panic I didn't put up my food," the boy laughed, a bubbly sound that only fell short when his attention re-focused back onto Rie.  

"But... I mean.. were you even home? Or were you sleeping?" The boy asked and gave a tilt of his head, probably reminding Rie of a confused dog. Tidus was always a curious thing, but there were many moments where that curiosity diluted into the opposite yet rose once more when it came down the people he cared for. He knew what Rie did was none of his business, but his concern still showed.
EverLuxion
EverLuxion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Sun May 05, 2019 1:23 pm

A light chuckle left the younger boy at the playful pout and whine that left the older one. Rie gave a hum at the response, shutting the door once his friend entered the house. Because of being a fox, he could sense things easier than most. He knew there was something troubling Tidus, but he wasn't going to pry, as curious as he was. If he wanted to tell him, then he'd talk about it.

For a moment, so quick it would look like the trick of an eye to someone paying close enough attention; he felt himself tense. Tidus had came to his house in the middle of the night while he was off enjoying what freedom the cover of darkness gave him. He felt a stab of guilt for not being around when his friend came over during the night, but it couldn't be helped now.

"I went for a late night walk," he answered. It wasn't exactly a lie, but not the full truth neither. "I couldn't sleep right away last night so I thought talking a walk with help me be able to sleep. As for what we're doing today, we'll have to head to the academy in a few hours. We will be assigned to teams to train to become official ninja. But after that, I can't tell you. It depends on whoever we get to teach whatever team we're on."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EverLuxion Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 am

Tidus tilted his head to the other side a bit at that, watching the younger just a few seconds longer before giving a little nod. Well, it did make the most logical sense that the other would be gone because of a walk- what other reason could there be if hadn't been asleep? So, with that pushed aside from his main thoughts, the boy decided to redirect his focus on to what was taking place at hand. "That's right...the academy..." The idea of becoming an official ninja was definitely an exciting thought, yet having to put the skills he learnt to the test made him incredibly nervous.

He might have been a swordsman, but 'swordsman' was an incredibly loose title considering he had no experience with a sword whatsoever until it was just thrusted into his hand given the situation had been life or death, and in a situation like that... well.. you definitely figure out how to quickly use one. Be it effectively or not. And even that only gets you so far. But becoming a ninja was a whole different ballgame, and he can only hope that stuff he culminated throughout the few months will be enough for him to officially make the title. "Assigned teams... Do... you think we have a chance on being on the same team? I remember when I used to play ball," he shook his head, "Sometimes I would get split up from the people I knew just because they wanted to 'balance' the teams. You think they would do that too?" The boy muttered and sat on the floor next to the kitchen's wall.
EverLuxion
EverLuxion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 pm

The question made him wonder the same thing. Would he and Tidus be split from each other? Forced to be on different teams? He wasn't sure what determined what team a Genin would be on, but Rie hoped that the two of them would be on the same team. The village had to see how close they were to each other after all. Would they really split them up like that?

Then again, the village could be rather cruel. He knew that first hand with the death of his parents at their hands. Who was to say that they couldn't put them on separate teams just to spite them? ...Not every ninja was cruel. He knew for a fact that Ikue was one such person. He would surely put on them the same team, right?

Regardless, Rie offered his normal, rather famous smile in hopes that it would cheer up his friend. Hopefully, it would also help put his worries at ease.

"Ah, I'm sure of it," the fox boy told him. "Ikue's a good guy. I don't see why he wouldn't allow us to be on the same team. Though if we are, I wonder who our third member will be... And our sensei."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EverLuxion Sun May 12, 2019 5:00 pm

The boy tapped his lip with his snack and wrinkled his nose. A third team member, eh? Tidus was used to being acquainted with many team members- 14 at best- so this was nothing uncommon to him. However, what made him a little antsy was the fact that someone new would be coming along when it had just been them for the longest time. Well... as long as he had been here at least. It felt a little invasive to have someone crash into their little close-knit world, but he knew that it wasn't something he could control nor should. Surely more company was good, right? And not only that, but Rie would have more friends! And him as well...! That is... if things even went that direction.

"Whoever they are I just hope we can get along. I don't want be getting into fights if something goes south," the boy huffed and gave him a look of utmost concern. "And knowing you, you don't try to join in or be the one to start them. It'll only be more trouble for the both of us."

Tidus then walked towards his direction after taking a gander at the old fashioned clock and pouted a bit, "You go ahead and get dressed then; I'll head home and get dressed to. It'll give us some time to see if we can take a look around and see the students from afar. I guess like that we can make bets on who we'll be teamed up with!" He chirped with a grin as he opened the door, trying to make the best of the situation they had been put in.
EverLuxion
EverLuxion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon May 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Rie did wonder who would be paired up with them. There were a lot of people in the academy that Ikue could put the duo with. Of course, the younger boy was upset that their little group would be invaded by someone else, yet at the same time, he wasn't too bothered by it. Whoever ended up joining them, he was confident that he and Tidus could handle it. At the end of the day, it meant a possible new friend for them. It had been just the two of them for so long, a new member might not have been such a bad idea. However, that still remained to be seen.

The fox frowned at his friend's words, eyebrow raised in a curious manor. If his fox ears and tail had been visible, his tails would have been swaying behind him. "I'll have you know, I don't get into fights that often," he defended himself, crossing his arms as he watched Tidus head to the door to get ready. Truthfully, he got into fights with others more than anyone. But it wasn't his fault most of the time.

The frown was replaced with a smile as the older boy continued to speak. He couldn't deny that. It was a good plan. If they got their early enough, then they could watch everyone else pile into the classroom and they could scope out who they thought might be their new teammate. Plus, friendly bets between them sounded nice too. He was up for that and he was confident that he would win.

"Alright. I'll meet you outside our houses in say... Fifteen minutes. See you then, Tidus."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EverLuxion Sun May 19, 2019 6:12 am

"I hear ya loud and clear!" He chirped with a backhand wave and closed the boy's door before leaning against the frame. He glanced down at the dirt that was blanketed by the twilight and glanced upwards. Everything was going to be alright, so why did he feel this incline of worry? Again, crowds is what he was used to, so this shouldn't have been no sweat for him. So why did he feel a sense of foreboding? The boy sighed with a shake of his head and continued to walk to his room.

It was all in his head, right? Yeah...yeah..!

Huh...Seems like a lot of things were....

It didn't take long for the boy to get dressed, once he found his clothing at the end of his bed he easily slipped into it after he washed himself off and styled his hair with a quick rub down of his towel. Dressed in long orange kimono wear and his sandal-boots strapped on, the boy waited to hear his friend at the door while he busied himself with cleaning.

'A midnight stroll...' The boy thought and quirked his lips into a pout. He guesses it was totally normal- yeah- he remember people in his world talking about how they would go for late night walks to get their mind clear if something was troubling them. But when Rie did it... well... in his world, he had to never really worry about killers on the loose and things like that, but the thought of Rie going all out alone nicked at nerves. Perhaps he was just being overprotective over the younger, yeah, that had to be it! But why all of a sudden? He frowned even further.

Why did he feel as though something bad was just going to happen?
EverLuxion
EverLuxion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon May 20, 2019 4:53 am

Rie watched as his friend disappeared from his house, heading back to his own to get ready for the day. Once Tidus was gone, the fox in disguise shook his head before he disappeared further into the house to get ready himself. He failed to listen for the sound of footsteps leaving his territory, but he trusted his friend. So it didn't really matter anyway.

The orange-haired boy was quick to get dressed. He chose his normal outfit that he wore daily. People often wondered why he wore the same thing all the time, and he would always tell them because he liked it. He was comfortable in it. It was loose enough for him to move freely in and made shifting in and out of fox form easier on top of that. At least he kept it washed so it didn't smell. He was good about that little detail.

After getting dressed, Rie packed his bag. It wasn't much but he bother a few snacks for him and Tidus to share, and maybe their new teammate as well if they were nice enough. If not, then they wouldn't have any, he decided. He also packed some drinks for them to share as well. On top of that, the boy stuffed a plush toy of a cat in there too. As childish as it was, he never went anywhere without it. It was his good luck charm, as he liked to call it. A safety net really. It was the last thing that he had to remember his parents by.

His mother had given it to them when he was a kit and he treasured the stuffed cat. Rineka had told him that the feline was named Kōun'na, which meant lucky. As far as he was considered, the cat really did live up to his namesake. It was lucky that he survived the slaughter while his parents were killed. That was another reason he kept the toy close by at all times.

Pushing the thoughts to the back of his mind, Rie zipped out his bag before he slung it over his shoulder. With everything ready, he headed outside to wait for Tidus.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EverLuxion Wed May 22, 2019 9:05 am

Big blue eyes watched the sky above, blinking and shifting, shifting and blinking- totally in a trance of content and amusement, but when the boy felt the presence of the other come near that's when his attention snapped right back to the goal at hand: leaving with Rie and conquering their first day. The whole ordeal still didn't quell the nervousness the boy felt, but he figured as long as he was with Rie then everything should be okay.

Tidus gave a beaming smile towards the other and immediately spun on his heel and began his trek forward to their destination. "You know, the more I thought about it, the more it got me thinking- and yeah, I actually do think-" He snickered and tossed a look over his shoulder, "What if the person we get is like super aggressive and thinks they can do whatever they want? How do we work with that? Or what if they're super...well.. pretty much anything that can give us problems? What I'm trying to say is: what do we do if this new person gets us into more trouble than it's worth?" He frowned and crossed his arms as they made their way through town, ignoring the little looks here and there towards Rie and him. "One time we had a guy on the team I was on, and he was more trouble than it was worth: the guy costed us the whole game because of his attitude problems and we were benched for the season," he huffed. "We totally can't let that happen!"
EverLuxion
EverLuxion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Thu May 23, 2019 3:12 am

It seemed as though he didn't have to wait for his friend at all. Tidus was already there and was the one that had been waiting on him. The older boy was either really fast or he had taken a bit longer then he meant to. The younger male jogged over to him and grinned. Now the next step was to head off to the school and see who would be placed on their team.

Rie gave a hearty chuckle at his remark as he listened to him ramble on about what sort of person they could end up with and the type of person he dealt with before he magically appeared in the village. What did get him thinking about it too. They could very well end up with a person like that on their team that could cause problems for them. It could make the whole team thing a difficult task for sure.

"If we do end up with anyone like that, we'll have to show 'em that we're not pushovers. We won't stand for them causing us problems or thinking they're top dog," the orange-haired boy explained as they began their trek to the academy. "I think the two of us can handle anything that comes our way. We're a team already, so we got this, Tidus."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EverLuxion Thu May 30, 2019 10:42 pm

They were familiar words, 'We got this,' words that he remembered hearing a lot in his world when it came down to games and on his journey to protect Yuna; they were words that kept him pushing through and words that he used for the others too when they were at their lowest. And surely they would help him with this too!

Tidus glanced down and then back up again with a slight nod and a small smile, "You got that right," he through a bright grin. And he sure as heck hoped his friend was right.

Much to Tidus's eagerness and nervousness, it didn't take them as long as he thought it would for them to arrive at the academy, but he suppose that was the 'anticipation effect' kicking in. Things seemed a hundred times slower when you were eager for it but a hundred times fast when you're dreading it. "There's a lot of kids," he whispered softly under his breath as his eyes scanned the scenery before them. In front of the massive academy was a lot of kids- kids around their age and older of all shades and types- and even though Tidus couldn't help but bounce on the soles of his heels in excitement of the upcoming events, it was that twisting nervousness that coiled within him too that screamed 'this isn't home, so be careful' feeling. One wrong mistake and they could make a future enemy. Funny, where he was from one wrong mistake could create a future bully to against you, unlike here that had kids killing at the age of 12 and older. If not younger.
EverLuxion
EverLuxion
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:32 pm

The academy was the one place he felt nervous standing in front of. Wild white locks blew in the wind. He whiped his palms on his black vest, and nervously tugged on blue fingerless gloves. He sweated again,m wishing he'd left his black and red Haori at home. Sighing, he took out his red sash and tied it in it's rightful place on his head, deciding for the moment not to use it as a mask.

His name was Saratoshi, and he was tiny, fast, and a protege. He was also the oddity of his villiage, but he reklished this fact. He saw a familliar face, and instantly eased up a bit.

Smiling, the frail Genin waved at the orange-haired student "Hey! Rie!"
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:21 pm

Rie grinned. He knew that he and Tidus could handle whatever was thrown at them. They were already best friends, spending all their time together. They even lived right next to each other, so it was perfect really. The preteen was sure that they would be placed on the same team together.

As they reached the academy, the fox boy noticed that there were already a lot of kids there. It seemed like they had the same idea as them. Clever, he had to admit. He hummed in acknowledgement at the older boy's comment, glancing around at everyone there.

He perked up at the sudden voice that called his name. The vulpine in disguise turned his green eyes to see an older male waving at him with a look of slight relief on his face. Saratoshi was here too. That was a given really, but it didn't surprise him any less. He would have thought he'd long since left the academy with how skilled he was rumored to be. Regardless, the orange-haired boy waved back.

"Hey, Saratoshi!" he answered back to the other student. One more familiar face. That did make him wonder if he, Tidus, and Saratoshi would be placed on the same team together. There were so many students here already and more to come. It was all up to the teacher to see who would be paired with who.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:45 pm

The white-haired boy smiled wider and walked over, confident in his step. He was confident, but not arrogent. The fact that he stayed at the academy even though he should have graduated already, showed his modesty. He knew he could learn much more than he'd been taught.

As he aproached, he flashed his friend a cheerful, greatful smile.

"Rie! My friend how are you? And who's your friend"
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:59 am

The hidden fox smiled as he watched his other friend approach. He had ran into the older male a few times whenever he wasn't hanging out with Tidus. Which was most of the time. But Saratoshi did things during the night too, luckily he had managed to shift back into his human form before the elder boy had spotted him.

That did make him wonder what his two friends would think if they knew his secret. If they could continue to be his friends or if they would turn on him. Report him to the head leader of the village and other ninjas come hunt him down just like his parents.

Something he'd rather not think about if he was being honest. But that was a price to pay with hiding in plain sight. He just hoped it wouldn't come back to bite him in the tail later.

"I'm doing fine," Rie answered as the other approached him and Tidus. "This here's Tidus."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down