Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outlasters (Dog RP)

2 posters

:: Original

Go down

Outlasters (Dog RP) Empty Outlasters (Dog RP)

Post by Miles Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:41 pm

The sad reality is that humans are gone. I don't know how. I don't why. I only know when. 3 years ago. All trace of human life disappeared.

It's been a difficult life for us animals. I think I know what happened. 3 years ago a deadly strain evolved and infected all life on earth. It killed every human being.

It did something entirely different for us animals. It made us smarter. Suddenly we can understand things. Those signs and language they humans used. We can read them. No we can't speak like humans can. But we can communicate. That was 3 years ago. Now dogs are likely one of the only races left. Bad news. The virus continues to evolve till it kills every race on the planet. I haven't even seen another dog in a long time. More bad news. Plants are overgrowing over the land. Weeds have nothing to keep them down, trees, flowers, grass, nothing to eat them, nothing to mow them. Nothing to keep them in check. The last bad news. Those machines appeared. They kill everything in sight. I don't know who made them. But I believe it's connected to the strain somehow.

It's been tough for me. I'm a dog. I had an owner, now I don't, I ravage the streets looking for food still left. Perhaps in stores, perhaps even in the garbage.

It's getting tough. Food is getting scarce, most of it's gone bad. Such is the case. Food stores weren't meant to store food unproperly without power for too long.

I tried hunting but even available prey to hunt is disappearing. I think it's time I search for others. And even more time I searched for clues.

My name is Lucky.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Outlasters (Dog RP) Empty Re: Outlasters (Dog RP)

Post by Miles Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:31 pm

~Lucky~

Lucky's paws tingled with unease as the large dog trailed the long since abandoned streets. There was no life anywhere as far as he could tell. The city was overrun with plants and vines, mold, and rusted, broken down cars that once belonged to humans.

He hadn't seen another canine in so long. Sometimes he wondered if he was the only one left, but he knew that couldn't possibly be the case. There had to be other dogs that were still left. He just had to keep looking and sooner or later, he would find them.

The ground began to rumble and his ears shot up in alarm. It was then that he realized he had been on the streets much too long. Cold fear gripped him like icy claws as he saw one the machines turn a corner, beginning to head his way. Not wishing to become dog chew, Lucky turned tail and fled.

~Chase~

Her paws stung as she pounded down the open streets of the city. She didn’t know what she was chasing, but her instincts told her to run. Her legs were a blur as she sprinted down an alley and skidded around a corner. Chase didn’t have time to stop when she sprinted past a mutt who had been crouched in the dark.

Wait.. another dog! Chase set her paws down to stop, only to let out a yelp of terror as she heard the growling rumble of a machine rolling down the street to her left. She bolted back into the alley, slamming her body against the wall and peering out. The machine was a way down but she could make out the shape of another dog sprinting away from the death contraption. He looked tired but determined to outrun the machine bearing down on his tail. Chase swiftly pivoted, sprinting to the mutt's side while barking a warning.

“Machine! In here!“ Chase gave the female a shove, pointing her nose to a crack in the brick wall which led to the yard of a human’s house. “Go!“ Without a second thought, she turned again. Her paws once again slammed upon the cement as she bolted down the alley. The sound of the growling machine was growing louder. She panted furiously and sprinted out of the alley. She howled urgently to the dog who was pursued by the machine, barking at him to go through the alley. She positioned herself to take over the chase. She knew she was fast enough to outrun the beast, and she could memorize every street and alley that led back to that one yard which she had directed the mutt. She just hoped that the dog being chased would heed her warning.

And any other dog that was in the area with the machine around.

The city looks like this by the way.

The City:
)
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:36 am

Akyra.

Akyra was wondering the streets a stuffed fox clenched in her muzzle just enough so they don't fall out, but not hard enough to tear the poor beaten toy. Her ears were strained to hear anything out of the ordinary very weary if there were those metal contraptions that hurt dogs.  She did not want that at all. 

It was also the fact that it had been so long that she’d seen other dogs where. Where there even any more around? She hopes so but at this rate she’s starting to doubt. That was until she hears a shout ‘Machine in here!’ then a rumbling sound. Oh no!

With a yelp, she started running towards the shout while hopping the machine wasn’t going in that direction too. Off in the direction of a human house in the yard area, they normally went in or used to at least. Once she deemed it safe enough she put her stuffed toy right in front of her to call out softly. 

“Hello? Is anyone around?“
Blue
Blue
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:12 am

~Lucky~

Lucky's ears shot up at hearing the signal. Quickly, the three-year-old canine turned, rushing towards the human yard to escape the machine that was hot on his tail. He ducked in the yard, body tense and trembling as the machine rolled on pass, not even caring that he had escaped. Most likely due to the other dog that took over the chase for him. Was she asking to die?! He released the breath that he didn't even realize that he'd been holding once he knew the both of them was safe.

It was then that he noticed there were other dogs there with him. Joy lit up in his dark eyes and his tail began to wag behind him. It had been such a long time since he had last seen another dog and he was overjoyed to finally find others. He knew there had to have been other dogs around! And he'd been right.

The golden retriever looked over the group that he had found. They looked to be in the same position as he was. All without owners, living on the streets, doing their very best to make it day by day. It was a miracle that any of them were still kicking, but he knew that could change at a moment's notice.

He turned his attention to the borzoi that had saved his life. And possibly the other dogs that were here to thanks to her shrill warning about the machine. Lucky dipped his head to the older dog. "Thanks for the save," he told her. "You really saved my tail back there."

~Chase~

Chase's breath came in short pants as she ran. The machine had indeed taken its chase to her. Luckily, it didn’t seem to be very fast. She had time to plan her route as she ran. A couple of turns left and right, and she had the machine stuck. “Thank god for subdivisions,” she murmured to herself before leaping over a fence and blasting through a park. The contraption let out a series of whirls and growls as its prey escaped.

She padded slowly through backyards, ducking through rotting wood fences and jumping over the smaller wire ones. All the while, Chase began to think again. Was it worth it to return to the house she had directed the other dogs? Her trust was thin spread, and she had survived for long enough on her own, right? What use was bringing in other dogs, if they would only slow her down?

Eventually, she caught the somewhat familiar scent of the dogs. She slipped into the closest house, carefully avoiding broken glass and fallen furniture. Chase stalked to an open window, careful to keep her presence unknown. In the house over, she heard the sharp barks and whines of yet another, possibly the one whose scent she had caught near that house in her earlier explorations.

Moments later, the graceful hound was in the house, slinking into a room adjacent from the populated one. “The monster is gone. I led it far away,“ she said, stepping out of the shadows. She grinned internally at her more than a dramatic entrance. She watched as the golden retriever turned to her once she showed up, thanking her for saving his life. To which she only gave a nod in response to.

~Muna~

Little paws thudded against the ground as the puppy raced across the land before her. The world was a blur of colors as Muna ran along. Traveling with Flint and Kunai was nice and all, but she liked to have some time by herself. Sure she was a small puppy of four months old, but she was sort of confident that she could take care of herself if something were to happen. It wasn’t like she was going to go that far from where the other canines were.

Besides, wasn’t she supposed to be looking for more dogs to join them? The pack needed to be larger than just three dogs in it. Maybe by exploring the place she could find new members to join them. She doubted anyone would take a small pup being the leader seriously. If anything, they’d consider Flint the leader, given how he was older than her and Kunai, but she’d just have to find a way to prove to them that she was. Though she had no idea how she would do that if it were to happen.

The Akita pup skidded to a stop, panting as she caught her breath. Her ears perked up and she scanned around to see where she had ended up at. There were a lot of smells she picked up. Some were the prey, some weren’t. She wondered if there was anyone else around that wasn’t her and her friends. It seemed like they were truly alone half of the time, though she knew that was far from being true.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down