Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detective Denachu

2 posters

:: Original

Go down

Detective Denachu Empty Detective Denachu

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Ok, since I have no idea about anything related to the movie, ima wing it...

So a Denachu who can somehow be understood by a human of the right heart and mind, considers himself to be the Sherlock Holmes of Denachu.

Trouble is...he lost his human because of reasons he could not control, and prefers not to talk about. He continues his work, trying to piece together things for people and pokemon alike, a la mr holmes.

Until one day, a smaller Denachu (One of your babies) comes into his life, and changes everything for the better.

(basicly i'm treating this as a Sherlock meets Watson and they go on adventures type thing XD)
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Detective Denachu Empty Re: Detective Denachu

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:28 pm

The town was called Coaldust.

The smokey aroma that hazed the air gave the town its name.

It was here he set up shop. And it was here that the young one who would be his greatest asset and...aquaintence...would find him, pouring over the latest files he'd aquired throughout that particular month. He squinted his eyes. The Lapolo gang was on the rise this week. He set down the file and picked up another. Someone has to get a lock on whoever keeps robbing that same damn Kurimart stand.

"Why berries of all things?" he muttered "Doesn't make sense. It's way too obvious for my taste."

Shrugging, he pushed that file away as well, and sighed when the little bell over the door rang
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 pm

A smaller Denachu stood outside the building for what felt like hours. It took all the courage he had just to make it this far. He knew of this place. Every Kurisuta in Coaldust knew who owned this shop. It belonged to the world famous detective. One by the name of Raiko Shores. The little mouse had heard stories of the larger one. All the cases he had solved. All that he had helped. It fueled a fire inside the tiny Electric-type. He wanted to become a world famous detective too. He wanted to help others too. He looked up to the other, even if the detective in question had no idea he even existed.

And now, here he was. He was here at least. His paws shook as he looked up at the door. It should have been simple. All he had to do was walk inside. But fear held him back. It gripped him like sharp claws of a cat Kurisuta, pinning him to the spot. He had his doubts of course. What if he wasn't cut out for this job like everyone back home had said? How could a shy and timid little mouse... A coward, deal with dangerous work such as this?

His small paws reached up to grip the detective hat he had placed there, squeezing his eyes shut. He had come this far. He couldn't back out now. He was going to meet his idol. He was going to meet Raiko himself! He was going to be a detective just like him! He could do this. He could and he would.

With a shaky breath, the little Denachu walked towards the door, pushing it open with a paw. He flinched at hearing the sudden bell ring as he did. He stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He fiddled with his paws as he saw the very Kurisuta sitting at his desk. He couldn't bring himself to speak, the words dying in his throat. What could he possibly say to his idol?
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 pm

The older mouse didn't seem to notice him at first, pouring over another casefile and tossing it away, then grabboing a whole stack, and proceeding to sdismiss every single one .

"Boring...too obvious...come on seriously?! Rediculously simple...the butler did it...coal miners die, its what they do...RARG!" He threw the pile in the air and electricuted it to ash.

"Nothing good in five weeks! I'll die of boredom at this...oh, hello." He looked at the smaller mouse "How long have you been there? Wait don't tell me." he hopped off the chair he was sitting in and grabbed his pipe, lighting it as he walked around the chu.

"Hmm...you came from Grassfed Downs, as evidenced by your slightly green underpaws. Such a long way...but you refused to take the tram because you're terrified of it crashing, so instead you went by airlift, as evidenced by the ticket in your right pocket. You seek me for a chance to be brave, as you are trembling in terror and excitement at the same time. Am I correct so far?"
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:19 pm

His ears folded back at all the shouting Raiko was doing. It seemed as though the detective was trying to find a case that would be interesting and less obvious. He jumped as the file was tossed into the air, then electrocuted to cinders.

The smaller mouse jumped in surprise once the detective finally spotted him. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, Raiko was already walking around him, studying him for a few moments. He swallowed, tapping the tips of his paws together as he listened to the older chu talk. He was impressed by how much he knew just a few glances.

He nodded to answer his question about being correct thus far.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm

"Aha! I knew it! Now then, though I already have deduced your painfully pobvious question, feel free to voice it anyway. For propriaty's sake."

He continued to smoke his pipe, and climbed back on the chair, folding his paws.
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:01 pm

He took a breath to calm himself down some. He fixed his little hat that had gotten out of place when he had jumped in surprise early. This was it. This was really happening. He was in the presence of his hero. All he had to do was voice his thoughts to him and see if the older Denachu would be so kind as to allow him to work with him.

"M-My name's Narukami," he squeaked out, wincing at his squeaky voice. What a good first impression that was. "Most just call me Naru... I-I want to be a detective like you... I heard about what you did to save Coaldust from that v-virus and.. W-Well I wanted to be a detective after that... I, um, I came here to see if I could join you..."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 pm

The older chu looked at him, no suprise written on his face. He put a paw to his chin and rwitched his tail

"Well Naru, I'm not in the market for a protege, nor am I in need of a tagalong." He looked into the eyes of the hopeful chu and thought a minute before continuing "I don't have friends, nor do I need such distractions. I'm a bit of a sociopath. However..." He tossed the younger mouse a casefile

"If you can solve this base whodoneit, I will consider keeping you around as my associate."

The case he handed the younger chu was the simplist of any whodoneits, with clear evidence pointing directkly to the correct suspect.
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Naru's ears dropped as did his tail. His heart sank at that. Why did he think this was a good idea? Coming to Raiko and wishing to be a detective like him was stupid. The others back home were right. He was in way over his head about this. It was a waste of time to come here. He wouldn't get to live out his dreams now.

A small squeak left the smaller mouse as he quickly caught the case file that was tossed at him. His ears perked back up in shock. If he could solve this case, then he'd get to be the other's partner? Well, he supposed it was better than nothing. If he went back to Grassfed Downs now, he'd just get mocked and laughed at.

He took a look at the case that was given to him, ear twitching curiously. It looked to be rather simple if he was being honest. But Raiko was making his easy for him. He clearly didn't want to send him away for some reason. Maybe there was hope for him yet. It didn't take Naru very long to solve the mystery neither and his tail couldn't help but to wag behind him happily as he did. Even if it was rather lacking, a test he guessed, he was still excited that he had done something.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:40 pm

The detective looked over his work, and cleared his throat after scrutinizing the results multiple times.

"Well then." he said clearing his thropat "I suppose...after all, that two heads are better than one in the right situation." He hopped off the chair agaiin and patted the young chu on the head. "As such, you will accumpany me on whatever case I'm working on, and if, i,possible as it is, I happen to miss something, you will spot the obvious. I often overlook those types of details."
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Despite how easy the thing was to figure out, the younger chu couldn't help but be nervous at the same time. There was always the chance that he could have messed up somewhere along the way, given how many times Raiko looked over his work. Naru smiled up at the other male, a beaming smile on his face as he nodded. He'd help out anyway that he could.

"...Y-You said that you wanted a case r-right...? I might have one that we can do together... I already started working on it before I came here..."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 pm

"Did you now?" he cocked his head "Very well, present it. Give as much detail as you can, if all of it. I'll decide if it's worth a looking into or not." He scrambled back up his chair, eyes spartkling in hope as he waited for the case. He had been bored for far too long.
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 pm

"W-Well... More and more people have been falling to darkness lately... They just seem to be… giving up trying to live…There’s so much hate between people that it’s manifesting into physical form…” Naru reached into his bag and pulled out a book. “This is a collection of someone’s research on the manifestations of negativity, or shades, as they appear to be known as. She dedicated her life to breaking their curse along with her mate, before she retired early thanks to an injury.”

The younger Denachu held the book out to Raiko for him to take. He had already began reading the book. He planed to study it from cover to cover to figure out as much as he could about the negativity that was taking form, dragging others into darkness along with them. How this was happening or who was causing it was still a mystery to him. But he was sure that they'd be able to figure it out together.

"Rumor has it, that whoever wrote the book doesn't want to be found neither. They traveled to one of the most hard to reach islands in the world as a final adventure. This and the stories of a small group of Kurisuta that stopped the most dangerous shade in existence several decades ago are all I have to go off of.” He put a paw on the cover. “Everything she knows about the shades, she logged in this book.”
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:11 am

"Superstitious nonsense!" The older chu scoffed, tossing the book asside after skimming it breifly.

"Negativity, while on a wavelength  akin to light anbd sound, has no physical form. These influxes in anger, fear, hatred...there is a rational explination for it all. Perhaps, my dear Naru, that is what we must find, yes? Ah, but the intregue of simply finding out the influx of everyone's bad days seems hardly the serface of the problem! No, we must look for who and why, not just what. For a true detectyive does not rely soley on one angle, but delves deep into the meat of it all."

He hopped down and began to pace "Who would benefit from people, and I use that term to include Kuries as well, being so negative? A rival country perhaps? Or a scientist simply testing a theory. Speaking of theories, we won't get far simply creating them. We too, must test them. Suggestions, Naru? Come now boy, tell me you have an inkling at least!"
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Naru frowned as Raiko tossed the book aside. The younger mouse made his way over, taking the object back, holding it close. There was useful information in it that proved there was a physical form for all the negativity. The author of the book had said so. Plus the young girl that had given him the book in the first place. He had promised a Kurisuta named River that he would figure out what was corrupting the Kuriusta and put a stop to it. It was the least he could do for her, since she came seeking his help before he came to Coaldust. He wasn't about to let her down.

"River said that the shades only came from Kurisuta. It doesn't work on humans," Naru answered. "The most powerful shade called Phantom, is sealed away in a place called the Gate to Oblivion. It's shut tight from both sides. The only way to open it is either using the key, or by straight up destroying it. Though the latter would require a power equal to that of Raine. Only shade that can match a god is Phantom. And he isn’t doing much inside that seal. But listen to this."

The white-furred Denachu opened his book, flipping through the pages until he found the one he was looking for. He  flipped open the book to a schematic of the Gate to Oblivion, the tall gate had a single lock binding the two sides of the door together.

In my travels, I have closely observed the Gate to Oblivion. There is a force that deters shades, possibly from Raine or some other deity, surrounding it. Though it has no effect on normal Kurisuta. The keyhole is of a design I’ve never seen before, and no key I’ve tested matches the shape. That makes sense, however. Raine didn’t want this gate to be able to open easily. Perhaps the lock is connected to the relics of Daybreak Village and Moonlight Falls. Perhaps I will travel to one of these villages and continue my research there. All I know for sure is that the Gate to Oblivion is connected to the shades, and this ancient destroyer I’ve read in some of the older books.

Note to self: Tell the libraries to take better care of their books.

-L

"I think our best course of action right now is to travel to Daybreak Village and Moonlight Falls. See if we can't get some more information there. And those relics sound like they'll play a key role too."
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:35 pm

"Raine...Raine...a code noame perhaps of some criminal mastermind no doubt, as the existance of any diety has already been dismissed as rubbish, superstitious drivel not worth investigating. However, dear boy, your hypothisis that we may find clues in Daybreak Town and Moonlight falls is superb. What is the game this time hmm? Tis not afoot quite yet...not quite yet."

He grqabbed his trench coat and hat

"And my dear Naru, do us all a favor and put out of your mind all these childish notions of magic creatures and personifications of darkness incarnate. Such ideas belong in playschool, not in an educated and serious detective's logical reasoning."
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Naru's ears lowered at that as he nodded meekly, placing his book back into his bag. He fixed his hat that was starting to slip off his head. It seemed like they were going to Daybreak Village and Moonlight Falls. The smaller Denachu had never been to those villages before, so he had no idea what to expect from them. He supposed he'd find out once they got there. But where to first? Were they going to Daybreak Village first or were they going to stop at Moonlight Falls? That all fell onto Raiko and what the detective wanted to do.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxasKeymaster13 Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:27 pm

The detective twitched his tail

"Now then, it stands to reason that we should head to Daybreak Village fiorst. There's a stoolie there I use often in my cases named Tobey. He should provide plenty of information."

He whistled, and a Hoarse(ice type horselike Kuri) drawn carrage pulled up, and the door was opened for them.

"Cone along, Naru!"
RoxasKeymaster13
RoxasKeymaster13
Solider

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 pm

The younger Denachu tilted his head to one side curiously. He had no idea who Tobey was, but if he could give them any kind of information at all, it was better than nothing he supposed. Still, he didn't wish Raiko would just dismiss the idea that darkness could be at play there. The stories in the book had to hold truth to him. He had no reason to not believe what River had told him. The feline came to him for a reason after all. She trusted him with this case before anyone else. He owed it to her to figure out what was going on.

For now, he supposed he'd wait to see what happened at Daybreak Village. He hoped they would be able to learn more about what was going on. Naru nodded and climbed into the carriage.
Miles
Miles
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down